replacement front signals

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve'o'

Reaction score
Are there any aftermarket front signals for the 2003 that may be slightly more aesthetically pleasing than the stock ones? Something maybe from Watson, Proton, Graves or any other manufacturer?

Fred W will they work? I assumed that the backside part of the signal closest to the rider of the '04's and on were actually integrated in the side body work fairing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do believe so. I'm pretty sure that I have seen on here where folks have grafted the '04/'05 signals onto an '03.

But having a superior '05 I can't claim to have done it. Do search about and see if you can confirm that before committing any cash into the upgrade.

There are bolt on replacements for the 03 stalks from aftermarket providers, but I am not familiar with them. You will have to get that info from 03 owners who know the details.

You can easily go to the 04/05 style but you will have to replace the whole side fairing piece - an expensive proposition and you will still have to repaint them the 03 Liquid Silver to get them to match the rest of your FJR. If you do go that route I would try to find cheap one's on ebay that are scratched already.

Now there ya go...

And Jeff is a preferred vendor here on the forum!!

(pay attention to the Forum discount link in his signature line)

PS - You best score a pair of the 90 degree valve stems on the same order or you'll be kicking yourself later. ;)

I have also had a very hard time finding flush mount signals for my Gen1 FJR, or after market in general, but for flush mount blinkers, most if not all are 2 wire, and what I needed was the three wire setup so the flush mounts function as running lights and blinkers.

I found a flush mount HERE that had all I was looking for. I haven't installed them yet, so I will let you know how it goes.

I finally replaced my stock Gen1 turn signals with some flush mounts I am really happy with. Here are a few pics:

fjr_flushfounts.jpg

fjr_flushfounts_cu.jpg

These were surprisingly very easy to put on and fit right in the turn signal positions perfect.

They cost a bit more then what I was looking for but as you know there are not a lot of options for flush mounts on the FJR, especially with the three wire lights.

I got them onEbay from here if your interested.

I finally replaced my stock Gen1 turn signals with some flush mounts I am really happy with. Here are a few pics:

fjr_flushfounts_cu.jpg

These were surprisingly very easy to put on and fit right in the turn signal positions perfect.

They cost a bit more then what I was looking for but as you know there are not a lot of options for flush mounts on the FJR, especially with the three wire lights.

I got them onEbay from here if your interested.
I'd be very concerned about being seen from in front of the bike, they look very recessed in the picture. We're invisible enough as it is ...

Be careful, those are only the TWO WIRE flush mounts you posted from Ebay. You want the three wire setup for full function on your FJR.