• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Replacement 'Moko' style Aluminum Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested,,,, Really interested if I can just buy these with a bracket, and not buy the moko's too..... I don't own anthing yet....

Thanks,

Ben

So here's what the batch ended up looking like. Yummy CNC machined billet 6061. :mmm:

The difference from my original offer, is that they already have a polished finish added to them. It is not a mirror finish, but hopefully from the pictures, you will get the idea. There is no flash used with the camera, so the piccis really show the finish. I only have 17 sets of these, since I'm so busy with real work projects right now. :D

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

Price per set is $50.00 shipped to the lower 48.

I am not offering Paypal for this deal. Please snail mail a check payable to Ian Laing to:

Skyway

16928 B Crestview Drive

Sonora, CA 95370

I have also been asked if they will fit the upcoming '06 model? Until I get near one for a fit check, I don't know either. If they won't fit, I'll re-design for the new model year. ;)

After going back and looking over who want's in on these, it looks like half of what I have are already spoken for. I will let them go in the order of which I recieve payment.

Skyway,

Check's in the mail...

Thanks for taking the time to do these!

They look WAY cool!!

Jim

Sky, the pics weren't quite big enough for me to discern the atomic structure of the metal used. Please blow 'em up a little more. :D On the other hand, the finished product looks quite nice. If my blackies get cruddy, I will be on the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you need the Moko bracket, or are these a complete slider? They look great, BTW.
They're just the bobbins. You'll need ALL the hardware from a set of Moko's to use these. Sorry to speak out for Skyway but I didn't notice an answer to this one yet. Unfortunately, I don't know if you can purchase a kit without the original bobbins. These are for replacement of scratched ones or just added cool factor and/or Bling!

AF-1 Racing Moko's. Grand total for their kit and Skyways slider bobbins = $210.00 plus AF-1's shipping charges. Still cheaper than a lower fairing (don't ask). However, you only need these if there's a chance you might drop your bike someday.

Sky, the pics weren't quite big enough for me to discern the atomic structure of the metal used.  Please blow 'em up a little more. :D   On the other hand, the finished product looks quite nice.
The piccis allow you to see them as if they were in your own hands. I'm making easier for some of the wiser demographic crowd amongst us. :D

They are awfully purdy, sunglasses optional. B)

dont suppose these bobbins would fit GSG mounts?
Not sure about that. Do you have any way to measure the diameter of the GSG puck where it meets the bracket?

Sorry I have not posted sooner ,,

I got my set of sliders from skyway ,, when I the truck came I was doing some work on G5 ,, so I met the driver in the yard and took the box into the workshop ,, I had just finished installing the new fairing lowers ,, cut open the package ,, they were wraped in news paper and in bubble wrap ,,

they are fantastic ,, I installed them and wow they look nice ,, there were several riders this weekend ( see Old Dominion FJR Riders Group) that thought they were very cool ,, the workmanship is beautiful ,,

so anyone thinking about getting these I say get'em

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyway - perhaps I missed it, but are they available for the 06? It looks like the 06 has direct access to a large fastener probably an engine mount, that could make brackets not necessary?

Skyway - perhaps I missed it, but are they available for the 06? It looks like the 06 has direct access to a large fastener probably an engine mount, that could make brackets not necessary?
Don, you are right that there is direct access to the engine mount bolt, so no additional brackets are required, as the fairing has now changed on the '06 exposing the bolt needed for the slider.

I am hoping to get up close to an '06 as soon as I can find a willing owner near to me to do a fit check. As soon as this happens I will offer a complete mounting solution for the '06 FJR.

I will also supply the mounting hardware required to the peeps who previously purchased a set of my sliders for their '06 FJR.

Status
Not open for further replies.