Replacing battery on Gen 1 model - is there a write-up I missed?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
working on my Triumph TR6
You poor, sick bastard.

You have my sympathy. One of the best looking, worst made cars ever to grace the planet. I'll say a prayer for ya.

'Howie

:p
Now Howie, I'll nominate the TR6's forerunner the TR4 as the worst car. With Lucas, the prince of darkness, electrical system you got to sit down at the fuse box each year and carefully remove and clean each and every fuse and fuse holder.......or you could deal with a failure some night on a dark road.....dark cause the damned headlights quit working. Talk about a dumb shit.....I owned two of the lousy cars!..........damned slow learner, I'd say! However, they did look good!

working on my Triumph TR6
You poor, sick bastard.

You have my sympathy. One of the best looking, worst made cars ever to grace the planet. I'll say a prayer for ya.

'Howie

:p
Now Howie, I'll nominate the TR6's forerunner the TR4 as the worst car. With Lucas, the prince of darkness, electrical system you got to sit down at the fuse box each year and carefully remove and clean each and every fuse and fuse holder.......or you could deal with a failure some night on a dark road.....dark cause the damned headlights quit working. Talk about a dumb shit.....I owned two of the lousy cars!..........damned slow learner, I'd say! However, they did look good!
To prove I earned my avatar, I owned THREE Fiats....an 850 Spider, an X1/9 and the 124 Abarth Spider. Almost filled the inside straight of "stupid" by almost buying a Lancia Scorpion once. Bought a Triumph Stag instead. The Royal Flush of "stupid".

Frying pan, meet fire.

Being married was less expensive and stressful.

There was a Stag for sale here about 10 years ago. Nice looking car it was, too, good condition. I was told by One Who Knows to keep very far away. Said the engine is impossible to repair for head troubles because the head bolts are angled, they don't go in perpendicular to the block surface. WTF is up with that??!!??!?!? Mill the head and it doesn't line up any more!

BTW, the One Who Knows races TR6s, and holds the class record for the Chimney Rock Hillclimb, which sadly, no longer exists.

I drove an X1/9 back in the day, when it available as a new car. Loved it!!! Handled great, had low enough power that you could flog it as hard as it would go without fear of going to jail. Few years ago saw one blow up on an autocross course. Glad I didn't get one!

My own British car experience is limited to the '66 MGB my dad had in the 60s, which I learned to drive in, but never had out without Dad in the car, and my brother's '69 Sprite, which couldn't keep carbs clean long enough to pass fuel into the engine for a road trip, and it burned through ignition points between oil changes (or should I say oil refills?)

Last edited by a moderator:
So time to Fess Up.

Who took the seat off first and then said WTF when first looking for the battery.

Chris

Of course he's learned since then. I think Howie can tell you without looking where every stinking wire and connector lives on a Gen-I bike!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bustanut-
You make me laugh :lol:

Buck

Dls.TX
Ha Ha you fukers! :blum: I told ya somebody was going to find me humorous..

:****:

:jester:
I realize it's actually a picture of Birthday Boy SkooterG, but the foo shits.....

Image-568x758-JPG.jpg