Replacing battery / where to buy a cheap battery

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Removal of those dash panels is a real PITA, especially the first time. You might not believe you're really supposed to bend those plastic parts so much to get them free, for one thing. Plus oddball fasteners, jiggling and wiggling of slots and tabs, lining up three different layers of holes for the screws to put everything back together again . . .
Actually Mike, the GEN II panel over the battery is a joy to remove compared to a GEN I. There's no twisting, pulling or bending required, but lining up the tabs is necessary on re-installation...You still have to wrestle the battery out of the hole though! ;)

--G

Removal of those dash panels is a real PITA, especially the first time. You might not believe you're really supposed to bend those plastic parts so much to get them free, for one thing. Plus oddball fasteners, jiggling and wiggling of slots and tabs, lining up three different layers of holes for the screws to put everything back together again . . .
Actually Mike, the GEN II panel over the battery is a joy to remove compared to a GEN I. There's no twisting, pulling or bending required, but lining up the tabs is necessary on re-installation...You still have to wrestle the battery out of the hole though! ;)

--G
Sounds like another in a LONG list of reasons why the Gen II is superior to the Gen I FJR! ;) :p :lol:

So, i have been doing some searching on here about the Yuasa battery and it seems alot of the others dont have the same CCA of the Yuasa. Should I go with that or same a few dollars and go with another. I need to get a battery on order now for when I go pick up my FJR in a coupe of weeks. doing a search on here only adds to confusion. I dont mind paying a few dollars more if it isnt going to give me issues.

So, i have been doing some searching on here about the Yuasa battery and it seems alot of the others dont have the same CCA of the Yuasa. Should I go with that or same a few dollars and go with another. I need to get a battery on order now for when I go pick up my FJR in a coupe of weeks. doing a search on here only adds to confusion. I dont mind paying a few dollars more if it isnt going to give me issues.
go with a proven product...you generally get what you pay for (within reason)

call Jeff and see how soon he can get you a battery...ask him date of manufacturer...I won't purchase a battery more than 6 months old sitting on the shelf

even though engineering wise, that's much more a problem with wet cells than sealed AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat)like the Westco

I ordered my Westco late Sunday night and UPS delivered it to me Wednesday morning. Westco has warehouse/distributors all over the country as I understand it

My battery went from Jacksonville, Florida to Nawlins' and was shipped by noon Monday with 2 day delivery. Pretty impressive

and highly recommended to have a tender like I do plugged into the battery when ever it is at home

https://www.westcobattery.com/battery_page.php?bid=46&vid=1&mid=505