Review of 03 GSXR 1000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gixxers are great bikes had a few just got a 06 750 best sport bike out there imo right out of the box this thing rocks ridden plenty of liter bikes fact is 90 percent of people cant ride them to 50 percent of there potential and when they try pushing it they get into trouble if they dont get hurt they get a huge repair bill for all the bits that self destruct most 600s will out accell most hi pro cars not much wrong with that resons people need liter or bigger bikes isnt cause they need the proformance its more to do with being cool impressing people and maybe making up for other short comings give me a 600 a twisty road and see you later a busa or zx14 or liter bikes wouldnt stand a chance for the 90 percent of people that ride them really sport bikes are uncomfortable impractical really dont make much sence except they are so much fun handling is incredible point and shoot cornering hard to understand when people buy these bikes they spend thousands on after market pipes suspention ect the new 06 750s suspention is so far more capable than me i cant understand why you would slap down a lot of money on a sport bike and start up grading it it just isnt neccasary you would think it a harley i got in on the wilbers group buy that made sence the stock set up wasnt good to begin with and got worse quickly that was a super good upgrade made the bike much more enjoyable(by the way thanks warchild for putting that together)the new sport bikes lay over so far in corners instill so much confidence out of the box its crazy im sure many of you have the bad gene like me try telling me its not a good first bike makes me want one more but im so glad i started out on small cc bikes and harleys cause without very very good throttle controle these things are deadly if you think these things are good first bikes tell me how many of you have taken your 16 or 17 year old son down to the dealer sat him on a liter bike and felt like a good dad YEA RIGHT
:fuk: :****:

Not even worth a response really so the above Smilies say it all for me!!!

YEA RIGHT
Is that all one sentence?
one word: punctuation! that's what i was thinking while trying to dig my way through what he had obviously spent some time trying to write.
Spent time writing with no idea of what he's talking about!!!

People were touring back before I was even born on Motorcycles with no more than 500 or more cc's.

With this guys argument no one needs a 1300 cc sport tourer as you guys don't use all of its power.

Which of you rev the bike to 6g's at the light, feather the clutch on take off, redline every gear, lean to maximum angles on every turn??? If not you don't "NEED" a freaking 1300 125hp sport tourer.

I have a 1000 cc bike because I don't want to have to rev it to 10,000rpm's to get it to move.

I like the low end torque, I also like the fact that in 6th gear doing 70 I am at a low rpm and yet if I have to pass I don't have to kick it down 2 gears to get it to move.

The assholes that say no one needs a liter bike doesn't know what they are talking about.

No one needs just about any bike made today. They all have more power than most anyone will ever use but it is how we use them that's important.

My old 600 VTwin would do 100mph.

My 1000 bike is not about testosterone, beating someone else anything.

I ride with a lot of guys on 600's and I am usually in the rear on purpose and have nothing to prove.

I have a liter bike because I do a lot of highway miles and don't like high reving machines. I have rarely got this bike above 10grand and usually shift gears around 7 or 8.

A 600 or 750 wouldn't make me happy because of how I ride.

Get over yourself...

YEA RIGHT
Is that all one sentence?
one word: punctuation! that's what i was thinking while trying to dig my way through what he had obviously spent some time trying to write.
Spent time writing with no idea of what he's talking about!!!

People were touring back before I was even born on Motorcycles with no more than 500 or more cc's.

With this guys argument no one needs a 1300 cc sport tourer as you guys don't use all of its power.

Which of you rev the bike to 6g's at the light, feather the clutch on take off, redline every gear, lean to maximum angles on every turn??? If not you don't "NEED" a freaking 1300 125hp sport tourer.

I have a 1000 cc bike because I don't want to have to rev it to 10,000rpm's to get it to move.

I like the low end torque, I also like the fact that in 6th gear doing 70 I am at a low rpm and yet if I have to pass I don't have to kick it down 2 gears to get it to move.

The assholes that say no one needs a liter bike doesn't know what they are talking about.

No one needs just about any bike made today. They all have more power than most anyone will ever use but it is how we use them that's important.

My old 600 VTwin would do 100mph.

My 1000 bike is not about testosterone, beating someone else anything.

I ride with a lot of guys on 600's and I am usually in the rear on purpose and have nothing to prove.

I have a liter bike because I do a lot of highway miles and don't like high reving machines. I have rarely got this bike above 10grand and usually shift gears around 7 or 8.

A 600 or 750 wouldn't make me happy because of how I ride.

Get over yourself...

YEA!!! YOU TELL'M!

I agree. I love the power and I learned how to use it. Being comfortable at speed without having to be in a high gear vibrating your body into a blood milkshake is a blessing while still having the kick to get you out of where you don't want to be.

But, then, that's my opinion. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I have a 1000 cc bike because I don't want to have to rev it to 10,000rpm's to get it to move.I like the low end torque, I also like the fact that in 6th gear doing 70 I am at a low rpm and yet if I have to pass I don't have to kick it down 2 gears to get it to move.

Get over yourself...
I'll second that! A liter bike means being able to go into a corner in 3rd instead of 1st if you want to and having the power to exit the corner NOW. My first street bike was a CBR600. Nice little engine...above 7000 rpm. Now it is even worse. Some of the 600's dont really run until closer to 10k. 41 ft-lbs of torque, give me a break. I would hate buzzing around at 10k in my favorite canyon just to avoid getting passed by a WRX.

I like shifting 1st to 3rd to 5th and not having to worry that I am in the wrong gear.

Once you've had a liter bike I am not sure one can go back to the smaller ones. Two caveats to that: The GSXR 750 (05 and 06) and the Triumph 675. They have some midrange. I'd love to add either one to the stable, but when push comes to shove, I bet what I add will be a Gixxer 1000.

Like any other motorcycle it all depends on how you ride it. A liter bike depends a lot on how wisely you use the right hand. When used correctly it will give you a permanent smile. The acceleration is truly blindingly fast. When used as a squid uses it, it will give you a classic low side or horrifying high side. But so will a R6 or other 600 sport bike.

Have fun with it Sparky

yep me and lillie were tight. til she got the pox...

Boy did you leave yourself open for a GREAT comeback on this one. Being the gentleman (of Steel) I will let it pass. :hypocritesmiley:

But I do see what they mean about your spelling.
laughing3.gif
It was just TOO good! Sorry.
whacky039.gif

THe rest of you guys, hands off this one. :nono:

CK
returnsshield.gif

Last edited by a moderator: