Rich's cycle seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duezzer

Reaction score
Redwood Meadows,Alberta - SW of Calgary on Hwy 22
Hi there

Wondering if anyone has used Rich's to get a cycle seat built and what were the results

I don't care if someone else built your seat and "I should go to this guy because...." is not relevent

Only people who have had work done by Rich need to put in a reply

Basically I don't care what you think of other builders it is not the info I need

If you just want to put down a comment because you can - p_ss off

So once again if you had a seat done by Rich in Washington State - have rode on it for more than 1000 miles

Please let me know what you think of the seat he built you

Thanks

i don't have one of his seats but I know a number of people that do and they are pleased. I have sent some folks his direction based on the quality of his work and have not heard bad reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could give you some input on a number of Rich's seats that are on bikes ridden by friends of my son, who lives in Seattle...

But because it must be limited to a seat "he built for me", guess I can't.

Sorry!

Who pissed in your Wheaties? :rolleyes:

Don

:finger:

Because I can... attitude counts. :p

A good example why many grow tired of this attitude on the forum.
Who's? Or is it which? :D
Yours, the guy just wanted advice about his seat. Not looking to start a flame war, JHMO

Honey gets you further. I'd bet ya I have more helpful posts to others than you have. And it gets tiring having people ignoring smileys like :p .

If ya want to see flaming, you should visit some other bike forums. The post was meant in the spirit of Tim, TwoWheelNut. If'n your tired of it, I feel bad for ya. :drinks:

Top 2 upgrades on my '07 to date: 1) Custom seat from Rich's; 2) FZ-1 mirrors. I highly, highly recommend the ride-in fitting. It's an experience.

Pics of my saddle (built 9/07)

FJRSeat004.jpg

FJRSeat003.jpg

FJRSeat002.jpg

FJRSeat001.jpg

Top 2 upgrades on my '07 to date: 1) Custom seat from Rich's; 2) FZ-1 mirrors. I highly, highly recommend the ride-in fitting. It's an experience.
Pics of my saddle (built 9/07)

<<snip>.
Very clean. He has great saddles and why a Rich saddle is the one I'll get when the lottery check comes in. I'd say more about my research and interest in Riches saddles, but the OP doesn't want it and I've posted about it in other threads. :rolleyes:

Nice stitching.

I have approximately 140K miles on my leather seat from Rich's, very similar in appearance to SM's. Rode up in January of '03 and had Rich build me a seat with backrest for my '03. The seat was transplanted to my '05 after totalling the '03.

I've been extremely happy with my seat. Its gone on a 100ccc, 48++, 1.5 IBRs, and various other LD rides and rallies. Lexol is your friend.

Pictures at the bottom of this page: Rich's Seat

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have as many miles as Dougc, but have put 20k on mine. SS1000 last may and no complaints. There is a benefit to getting work done close, he'll fix anything he's done for life. And will adjust fit at no charge. Do a ride in.