Rick Mayer Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I went with a Russell for the FJR, I have a Rick Mayer seat on the Blackbird.

The longest non-stop ride I've done on that Rick Mayer seat was during the infamous Endurance event in 2003 known as BLISTER (3,147 miles in ~ 44 hours).

I never thought about the seat once during the entire event... which is the ultimate compliment a seatmaker can hear. It is SUPERB in every respect.
Wish I could find a seat like that.

:glare:
Skoot,

Let us know how the BM seat works out, ok?

This practice is not unusual in the industry - both bikes and others.

I will not belabor this, but I will speak for Rick's honesty and ethical business practices.

I bought my seat before my 05 arrived, and had Rick ship it directly to D&H in Alabama. As I did not yet have the original to trade in for the pan, I paid the $300 which was to be reimbursed later. I picked the bike up with the Mayer on it and had D&H return the factory seat to Rick.

Time went by and I forgot the $300.00 deposit entirely. The Mayer's were doing their year-end books and discovered the mistake. Rick sent me a check for the $300 without my even knowing I was due it.

By the way, 38,000 miles later, the seat is still great.

Gary Kent