rick Mayer's seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
antitrustbug is talking about a deal Rick is doing to carry him through the winter months. A common time custom saddle makers like to work hard and then go ride in the warm months like us. ;)

If you and a friend order together get one seat half off! Discounted seat to be of equal or lesser value. If you've already placed your order with us but have since convinced a friend to do the same, it's too late to get your seat at a discount but there's still a chance for your friend! Contact Rick with any questions. Offer ends November 1, 2007!
I've got one of his seats and it's a work of art. It did take me three returns to finally convince him to turn it into an "Iron Butt Rally" seat and is more dished than his typical seat, but I'm finally pleased with it. Pure long-distance riders might be interested in a Russell or other Mayer, but Rick's seats sure are sexy.

MW200518b.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
antitrustbug is talking about a deal Rick is doing to carry him through the winter months. A common time custom saddle makers like to work hard and then go ride in the warm months like us. ;)

If you and a friend order together get one seat half off! Discounted seat to be of equal or lesser value. If you've already placed your order with us but have since convinced a friend to do the same, it's too late to get your seat at a discount but there's still a chance for your friend! Contact Rick with any questions. Offer ends November 1, 2007!
I've got one of his seats and it's a work of art. It did take me three returns to finally convince him to turn it into an "Iron Butt Rally" seat and is more dished than his typical seat, but I'm finally pleased with it. Pure long-distance riders might be interested in a Russell or other Mayer, but Rick's seats sure are sexy.

MW200518b.JPG
That is quite a nice seat, but what's up with the hugemoungous hole you've got going on behind? <_< Bank account getting low and didn't want to spring for the passenger seat too? Left your Corbin schmuggler off? Enquiring minds want to know...

That is quite a nice seat, but what's up with the hugemoungous hole you've got going on behind? <_< Bank account getting low and didn't want to spring for the passenger seat too? Left your Corbin schmuggler off? Enquiring minds want to know...
I figured Iron Butt Rally was clue enough. ;) Although I do have a Rick Mayer rear seat it doesn't get used that much. Except when I'm trying to make my girlfriend's ass look better with premium letter under it....the bikes is usually in rally trim including auxiliary fuel cell.

MW232122b.JPG

I would like to order a dual vinyl w. basket weave insert by Nov, 1. we could then have rick Mayer's split the discount.
https://www.rickmayercycle.com/

thanks Steve
This is the exact set-up I had Rick Mayer install for me this last spring. I am very happy with it. My only criticism, which is minor, is that when I am riding hard and hitting the brakes for corner entry my wife will slide into the back of me. I don't think the vinyl sticks as well as the leather. Ask Rick about it.

Ride down and have it done while-u-wait if you can. My wife had him do a little tweaking and got it just right. Been very happy with the saddle.

I would like to order a dual vinyl w. basket weave insert by Nov, 1. we could then have rick Mayer's split the discount.

thanks Steve

This is the exact set-up I had Rick Mayer install for me this last spring. I am very happy with it. My only criticism, which is minor, is that when I am riding hard and hitting the brakes for corner entry my wife will slide into the back of me. I don't think the vinyl sticks as well as the leather. Ask Rick about it.

Was that set-up a big improvement to the stock seat, and dose your wife really feel it was worth it.

We can go about 200 miles before are blank starts complaining, you also mention that wen you hit the brakes hard she slides into you, do you think the Mayer's dual seat-up is a improvement over the stock in that area as well.

thanks

thanks Steve
I've been wanting his seat, but don't want to give up my only pan until Jan - Feb. Is it possible to get in with an order now, but hold the seat until the nasty weather comes?

]

I've been wanting his seat, but don't want to give up my only pan until Jan - Feb. Is it possible to get in with an order now, but hold the seat until the weather comes?

I just sent rick mayer a massage !

My "friend" and I would like to order a dual vinyl w. basket weave insert by Nov, 1. and split the discount?.

I think my math would be then, $321.75 apiece would that be correct?.

also Is it possible to get in with an order now, but hold the seat until the weather comes? Jan - Feb.

thank Steve

]I've been wanting his seat, but don't want to give up my only pan until Jan - Feb. Is it possible to get in with an order now, but hold the seat until the weather comes?

I just sent rick mayer a massage !

My "friend" and I would like to order a dual vinyl w. basket weave insert by Nov, 1. and split the discount?.

I think my math would be then, $321.75 apiece would that be correct?.

also Is it possible to get in with an order now, but hold the seat until the weather comes? Jan - Feb.

thank Steve

OK, I'm in...You'll get a PM shortly.

JagerBombs for Everyone!

:drinks:

OK, me and JagerBombs got a great deal on dual vinyl w. basket weave insert seats for $321.75, now when its time for me to send in my seats for the production date, do you think i should upgrade and spend $200.00 more and go leathery. or just keep it simple.

OK, me and JagerBombs got a great deal on dual vinyl w. basket weave insert seats for $321.75, now when its time for me to send in my seats for the production date, do you think i should upgrade and spend $200.00 more and go leathery. or just keep it simple.
I'd build that seat and see how it works for you. If you decide you want to upgrade later on, you'll likely be able to sell-off the seat for everything you spent on it. And if you do need to upgrade you'll know whether to go with another Mayer (but in leather) or something else like a Russell since the seat base would be the same regardless of the cover.

My .02

I'm going with the basketweave, as planned. I considered the leather, but am hoping the weave pattern is a good compromise of ventilation and toughness. Like Fred said, this can be a trial run; if the basketweave makes my ass slippery when hot (visualize that for a moment), I'll have it re-done in leather.

Rick is backed up until Dec, so I'll send the seat then.