Riding boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you ride with steel toed boots?

• Yes always

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No never

• Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't

• I don't wear no stinking boots, I always ride in flip flops

• Total voters
I wore steeltoe boots riding to work last summer (Needed for work). You get alot of missed shifts when not paying attention.

Plus they normally have a taller box toe section.

Once , while placing my foot under shifter during a hard left turn, I had my toe scrape pavement due to the taller toe or my ignorance or the dam bigfoot size 14 boot.

A friend of mine had steel toed boots on when he got side swiped while on his bike. They got most of his boot off with heavy duty scissors in the ER but they had to get the plumbers pliers to unclamp the steel cap from his toes. I'm guessing he may have been better off without the steel toed boots.

I've never ridden with them but as others have said, I think they would interefere with shift feel and space.

Steel toes...

The least of my worries (if I have to "get off") is my F'n toes!

Unless I just had my French pedicure!

HAhahahaha

WW

I like steel toe boots...

Sometimes I wear them and sometimes I don't, but I never really had any problem shifting with them on.

Mythbusters did a piece on them and showed that if the toe were to recieve a strong enough blow to collapse the steel cup and "cut off your toes" , your little pigs would have been wasted anyway from that much force. Kinda like a helmet eh?

And everyone should know the reason to wear steel toed boots is not to protect your toes in a crash, but to protect them as you literaly kick the shit out of the asshole that cut you off...............

KM

I like steel toe boots...
Sometimes I wear them and sometimes I don't, but I never really had any problem shifting with them on.

Mythbusters did a piece on them and showed that if the toe were to recieve a strong enough blow to collapse the steel cup and "cut off your toes" , your little pigs would have been wasted anyway from that much force. Kinda like a helmet eh?

And everyone should know the reason to wear steel toed boots is not to protect your toes in a crash, but to protect them as you literaly kick the shit out of the asshole that cut you off...............

KM

Eggs actly

I wasn't sure this was a serious question; then I googled "motorcycle boots steel toe"

They actually sell such things. I couldn't believe it. :huh:

To each his own...

Next I think I'll google "motorcycle boots that double as golf shoes"

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Scab - if steel toe caps might be of use to you in a get off, you might have more to wrry about than your toes.

then there's also the clearance issue with the extra height of toe box protection.

My combat lites are a good boot. My wife wears full height Combat Touring boots too. and trust me, she looks way better in hers than I do in mine!

PS - I just remembered that I did actually see someone riding a chopped Harley last week - wearing shorts, skull cap and flip flops. Loud pipes blaring with extra acceleration at take off. That's one fashion statement I just don't get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts