Riding buddy crashed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's great that he had his phone in his jacket. Often times I've left my phone in the tank bag or saddle bag, etc.

Makes me think I should ALWAYS keep it in my jacket in the event something like this happens and I can't move too well.

Lots of good thoughts headed toward your friend.

I said a prayer for your buddy just now. I hope it helps.

I hate to hear news like this. Best wishes to him and his family.

Sorry to hear about the shitter! Hope your freind is ok

If he broke C1 beyond a hairline fracture he would most likely not be making a phone call or with us for that matter. At that level you are into brainstem which controls vital function like heart rate and breating.

It's great that he had his phone in his jacket. Often times I've left my phone in the tank bag or saddle bag, etc. Makes me think I should ALWAYS keep it in my jacket in the event something like this happens and I can't move too well.
I wounder about that too. I also think that perhaps its something that is just going to get shoved into your chest. :unsure:

Always a tough time.. so many emotions..

Hang tough and do what you can.

Prayers to the Universal God sent.

Don

Everyone:

THANK YOU for all of your prayers/good thoughts/ and everything else! Sorry I haven't been around to update y'all. My grandfather is on his way out of this lifetime so I've been busy with that. BUT I do have some AMAZING news!

TURNS OUT, that his fractures were in fact only hairline fractures! So he only has to be in a neckbrace for a few months and then her should be better. He has some issues with his shoulder, but they are not worried about that until after his neck heals. Also found out that the reason he faired as well as he did, was that fact he was wearing his back protector! The doctors told him had he not been wearing that, he would more than likely have been paralyzed. So I believe the saying goes something along the lines of " God watches out for idiots!", well Adam was definetly an idiot at times on his bike, but I think that this may have been a big wake up call for him to be a bit more careful.

As for how the accident happened, from what he remembers, he was following a cager and he doesn't know if their care tagged his front tire, or they swerved at him and put him down into the tumble. Doesn't matter now. Except for any legal problems. The best news is he is alive and mobile. I know the outcome could have been soooooo much worse!

So again, thanks to ALL for the thoughts & Prayers from everyone! If any of you are making it to Wheatie's SEO Ramble this weekend, I'll see you all there! :)

-Dave

Thanks for the update Dave. Sorry to hear about your Grandfather, but what great news about your buddy. You can tell him from me, that Febreze is a great thing for neck braces during summer weather. Otherwise, they get to smelling none too sweet. Hope he's up and about real soon.

Jill