Riding Gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motoport started here in Escondido, CA (I think that was there first little outlet). They closed that store after expanding to the Palomar Airport Road (kinda, sorta) location in Carlsbad. I haven't been in there for a few years, but they used to have lots of sales, blems, etc. right there at the factory.
Actually, his newest place is in San Marcos, just off the 78 at the Twin Oaks Valley exit. IIRC, he moved there a couple of years ago from the Carlsbad place. FYI...
I was there earlier this month to check out the gear and the manufacturing. They are still in San Marcos (I belive thats the right city, just outside Escondito), and they do NOT have a storefront, they do however have some stock available. If you plan to stop by, you need to call ahead and make a fitting appointment with Wayne. He'll give you the tour and answer any questions you have about his gear.

I rode 450 miles down to Escondito to find an old post office box :blink: I called JB, and he called Wayne, and Wayne took pitty on a poor fool and got me in that morning.

Thanks for the update. I would be riding all over that Carlsbad industrial area trying to find it. I exit Twin Oaks Valley a couple times each week. Where exactly is it? I see they don't post the address on their site.

Thanks for the update. I would be riding all over that Carlsbad industrial area trying to find it. I exit Twin Oaks Valley a couple times each week. Where exactly is it? I see they don't post the address on their site.
Its actually on Rancheros, the frontage road along the north side of the 78. Just east of Twin Oaks Valley.

I don't believe that they put their address on their website. I think Wayne wants you to call for an appointment since he doesn't keep a storefront.