Riding Gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
My new 2 piece Aerostitch suit digs into my biceps so after a talk with Sally the fit guru at Areostitch (she said this happens to some people) I am going to have to return it. BUMMER. I am looking for 2 piece zip together riding gear which has similar quality / crash protection. Perhaps something I can use on a future track day, but more important for long rides and comfort. Any suggestions?

They can't modify the suit so that it won't dig into your girly biceps? I thought they were the masters of custom fitting.

And Toe's cycleport suit certainly does the job, but its kinda fugly. It even makes Eve look like Michelin Woman. Something I thought would be impossible. ;)

And Toe's cycleport suit certainly does the job, but its kinda fugly.  It even makes Eve look like Michelin Woman.  Something I thought would be impossible. ;)
I guess I should have mentioned that she hates her suit. It probably has a lot to do with the asthetics, but she claims it's bulkiness. I know better. She can't pass up a mirror without checking herself out. I can't fault her for that though...My suit just makes me look buff (and hides a lot of fat). I've been used to wearing bulky clothes for over 20 years now.

If anybody knows of a suit that will hug a woman's curves, is comfortable from 30 degrees to 110, waterproof, breathable, will stay intact after a 110 mph get-off, and allows complete freedom of movement, I'd love to hear about it.

And Toe's cycleport suit certainly does the job, but its kinda fugly.  It even makes Eve look like Michelin Woman.  Something I thought would be impossible. ;)
I guess I should have mentioned that she hates her suit. It probably has a lot to do with the asthetics, but she claims it's bulkiness. I know better. She can't pass up a mirror without checking herself out. I can't fault her for that though...My suit just makes me look buff (and hides a lot of fat). I've been used to wearing bulky clothes for over 20 years now.

If anybody knows of a suit that will hug a woman's curves, is comfortable from 30 degrees to 110, waterproof, breathable, will stay intact after a 110 mph get-off, and allows complete freedom of movement, I'd love to hear about it.
She's look good in leather bro ! :D

Don't forget that the suit also needs to MINIMIZE the curves and visibly ADD height too. If someone invents it, they will be rich.

Jill

Toynut, thanks for the suggestion. Aerostitch said they could do this but I was thinking that if I paid to do that and the suit still didn't fit correctly I'm stuck with it as you can't return a custom suit but I just shipped it today so I could change my mind.

However I have been on the phone to cycleport today and I am considering the Riva AX Kevlar jacket ( without outside pockets) and Ultra ll kevlar pants. They zip together so I could use them for a possible future track day.

Toe, what do you think of this combo. I could use a little fat, um- muscle management. I like cold weather long distance riding ( I am up here in Grass Valley, Ca)so I would want to be able to use my ele. vest / layered clothing under the Jacket. Fugly is ok with me, function over form you know B) Thanks, Dougbug

However I have been on the phone to cycleport today and I am considering the Riva AX Kevlar jacket ( without outside pockets) and Ultra ll kevlar pants. They zip together so I could use them for a possible future track day.Toe, what do you think of this combo. I could use a little fat, um- muscle management. I like cold weather long distance riding ( I am up here in Grass Valley, Ca)so I would want to be able to use my ele. vest / layered clothing under the Jacket. Fugly is ok with me, function over form you know B) Thanks, Dougbug
As long as it will do what you want it to (and Wayne Boyer can let you know what's best for your needs) it'll be fine. They make good stuff. I have the mesh kevlar, which is great for me, but some tracks won't allow mesh anything.

She's look good in leather bro !  :D
That's what I'd be afraid of. :chicka: