Riding Shoes or Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I conducted the "sink test" on my Tour Master Solutions.
They leak. They didn't leak, but they do now. After 30 minutes with the water level just above the sole/upper join, the right boot could support a wide variety of aquatic life, and the left one is damp inside.
Well damn, not what I wanted to hear. Since I ride quite often in froggy conditions, might have to rethink this latest purchase.

--G

Well I conducted the "sink test" on my Tour Master Solutions.
They leak. They didn't leak, but they do now. After 30 minutes with the water level just above the sole/upper join, the right boot could support a wide variety of aquatic life, and the left one is damp inside.
Well damn, not what I wanted to hear. Since I ride quite often in froggy conditions, might have to rethink this latest purchase.

--G
To be fair, they are nearly 4 years old and have done 40000 miles. They didn't leak until now. I would still recommend them especially for the price.

My TCX X-Five EVO GTX boots just arrived, UPS Man working really late.

I wear a 10EE usually. I ordered a size 44 boot. The foot fits perfectly!

I have big (thick) ankles and calves. These boots will zip over my fat ankles and have more than enough Velcro adjustment to close satisfactorily. It was a struggle to close the zipper the first time. Hoping some leather stretch will occur to make them easier on/off.

Satisfied for now. Will wear in the house for a few days to break in as we have rain for the next two days SNOW in our forecast this weekend.