Riding suits

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Olympia Airglide II. I have both the jacket and the pants in silver and have ridden in them from 38-95 degrees. Both have removable waterproof/insulated linings. Very versatile.

Another vote here for Olympia Motorsports gear. I have a Phantom suit. It's waterproof when it's all zipped up. I got caught in monsoon style rain last Spring. My neck was the only part that got the slightest bit wet.

Florida...same as Southern Looziana where I live... no brainer:
Frogg Toggs

I certainly won't leave home without 'em

Have the same set and used often for 3 years

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'
I wore the froggtoggs on my SS1000- I have the "road toad" version. Wondering if this is enough?

The JAX/SD/JAX is 8 Sept... nights may be chilly- don't have much time for gear changes on BB1500.

When I did the 50CC in Aug 07, at least one of the guys was wearing a 1-peace black Stich, he seemed to be ok. And it was damn hot going through the desert section. If i remember right, going over the Continental divide in the wee hours of the morning the temp got down to about high 50s F

For my Florida daily commuting(45 miles each way), I use the Olympia Stealth Mesh suit (over business casual clothes), with Frog Toggs over the suit if I need rain protection. This combo works perfect for me here.

When I'm traveling, I usually wear Olympia Air Glide two piece stuff in summer.

When I did the 50CC in Aug 07, at least one of the guys was wearing a 1-peace black Stich, he seemed to be ok. And it was damn hot going through the desert section. If i remember right, going over the Continental divide in the wee hours of the morning the temp got down to about high 50s F

Florida...same as Southern Looziana where I live... no brainer:
Frogg Toggs

I certainly won't leave home without 'em

Have the same set and used often for 3 years

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'
I wore the froggtoggs on my SS1000- I have the "road toad" version. Wondering if this is enough?

The JAX/SD/JAX is 8 Sept... nights may be chilly- don't have much time for gear changes on BB1500.

+1 on Frog Toggs. I don't know how long they'll last, but I have used them a couple of times and they work. I too have the Road Toad version. They pack small and mine are oversized so they go on and off easily, even with my boots on.

Frog Toggs on top of other safety gear, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

+1 for stitch - I use a grey stitch all the time. It's good when moving, don't bother with rain gear anymore. Have not crash tested it, but it feels like it'll do the job. :rolleyes: