Rifle Windshields

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3529

Reaction score
About two months ago I decided that I really missed having the Rifle Sport windshield that I used to have on my Gen I FJR. I decided to order another one, brand new this time and light grey tint. I was very excited and sat rather impatiently for the five days that it said on their site to anticipate for it to be cut. I was going on vacation so figured it would be okay and I would fit it when I got home. When I got home it was not there. I went online and checked my order and I hadn't even been billed for it yet. I called their 800 number and talked to a lady who informed me that they were running about 5 days behind on the cutting and that I would be billed when it was ready to ship. I waited another five days and called again. I was told this time that the company that made the tuning blocks was no longer in business and that company was responsible for finding a new mill to do the work (I'm thinking "yeah, right, they give a rip. They're already bankrupt, here's the finger!"). This gentleman told me he would email me the details later that day what was going on and when I could expect my new shield. I never heard from him. The whole ordeal went on the back burner for a while and I tried to find a used replacement online thinking I would just cancel my order. A couple days shy of TWO MONTHS LATER I called again. I was told this time that they (Rifle) were trying to find somebody to make the part and that I had NO RECORD OF TALKING TO ANYBODY in my account!!! I was told that they would send my shield ASAP and credit me $49 for taking it without the tuning block (which I was fortunate enough to get from another forum member, thanks 03silverbullet!) NOW, it is 5 DAYS LATER and I just received the statement from UPS saying they received the shipping information today and it is scheduled for deliver 6 DAYS FROM NOW!!!!! What is up Rifle?????? Your business practices need some serious help!!!

Why not take the time to write them a nice letter, stay calm and factual with the chronology of events, and state your concerns about their business practices. Sometimes businesses appreciate the feedback.

That tale of woe is surprising to hear. I hope they are able to get things working soon as they have a terrific product. I ordered mine last November 11th and received it on the 17th. That windshield made my FJR the perfect ride for me.

Rayzorman, I did contact them. By phone actually four separate times and via two emails. That was my complaint in the first place. But I did email them again after writing this review and informed them that I had done so and included a copy of what I wrote. I did receive a reply from them apologizing for not handling the situation better and while I am not going to get into any specifics on here for fairness to them I will say that they did everything they possibly could have to make things right and even surpassed my expectations for any company in this situation and I am definitely pleased with them at this point. That's not to say I am not still upset that it has been such an ordeal, just happy that they acknowledged the problem and apologized.

I also want to state that while I was very upset with them and the way they handled this situation and the lack of customer service during the sale please note that I could have very easily cancelled my order and went elsewhere but having had their windshields in the past on two of my bikes I do really like their product and really wanted this windshield, so my displeasure was with the lack of communication, not the product that I think is fabulous.

Man, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I had a positivie experience with them and had no issues exchanging my original light grey tint order for a clear one. I hope it's smooth from here on out for you.

Good man, brianj, I am glad this is working out. It sounds like you've handled it like a true professional, bravo!! I am sure we're all glad to hear they have responded appropriately... now do we know if they have tuning blocks available? I guess one would just have to ask in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of ordering a Rifle windscreen when I saw this post. I called Rifle in advance and was told that it should ship within 5 days. I ordered mine in the evening of May 18 and received email notification that it was shipped May 26, which was the five business days. I havent' received the windscreen yet, but at least it is on its way.

They received my order Monday morning May 23. On Friday May 27 it left their shop. Thanks to the holiday on Monday May 30, it will not be here until Friday June 3. And not a moment too soon. I really need a taller shield. With the stocker up at the top, I'm still head and shoulders above the protective zone behind the shield, lots of buffeting and noise. (6' tall, 30" leg.)

And the tale of woe continues... they contacted me today stating that they were in the process of checking over their books for the year and they have no record as to WHY they offered me a refund for my shield and wanting me to PAY THEM BACK!!!! That's right folks! They screwed me over, made it right, then called me back seven months later telling me that I owe them the full purchase price of the windshield!!! Oh, and they'll put me at the front of the line for a tuning block when they get up and running to start making them themselves, big whoop!! I think my Rifle is going back COD! Really sad business practices Rifle, maybe some better book keeping and note taking in your customers' accounts is in order??

I had the opportunity to use a rifle this summer. I had even given some thought to buying one at some point in the future. Guess I'll think twice bout that idea.

Thanks for the heads up.

Gary

darksider #44