• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Right side can

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattster31

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for there offers on the RH can. I don't need it anymore. I can live with a little dent............the saddlebag hides it anyway. I am learning to love my bike as it is :rolleyes: :rolleyes: with lot's of character....................

This is my FJR.......there are many like it.....but this one is mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for a right side can for a Gen I. However......I know a Gen II can will fit also. Does anyone have one laying around that's still in good shape??
Thanks in advance :D

Matt
Hey Matt

You might want to be a bit carefull with the gen 2 mufflers, although they might fit they have a cat converter in them that might cause an ballance issue that may be undesirable. The gen 1 bikes have two cats in the collector where as the gen 2 has those two plus one more in each muffler.

I needed a left for my wifes gen 1 and bought one off Ebay only to find the auction was wrong and I got a gen 2, wasn't confident enough to use it because of the cat so waited till I found a gen 1 and kept the gen 2 in case I need it for my bike

Last edited by a moderator:
might not be what you're after but, can't go wrong.
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...mp;#entry351289
Hey thanks for the link. Like you....I am only wanting a replacement due to the fact that mine has a rather noticeable dent beside the saddlebag bracket. If I leave the bags on, you never see it. So in that respect perhaps I am being a bit anal retentive. Sorry about your evilbay purchase though. I have had one bad experience through that web site myself so you are not alone.

I was unaware of the extra cat in the Gen II model cans. Perhaps I will stick to the Gen I just to be safe. Not sure if it would have any negative effect though......who knows. I have seen posts from other members that have switched cans between Generations without issue.

Thanks for your assistance,

Matt

might not be what you're after but, can't go wrong.
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...mp;#entry351289
Hey thanks for the link. Like you....I am only wanting a replacement due to the fact that mine has a rather noticeable dent beside the saddlebag bracket. If I leave the bags on, you never see it. So in that respect perhaps I am being a bit anal retentive. Sorry about your evilbay purchase though. I have had one bad experience through that web site myself so you are not alone.

I was unaware of the extra cat in the Gen II model cans. Perhaps I will stick to the Gen I just to be safe. Not sure if it would have any negative effect though......who knows. I have seen posts from other members that have switched cans between Generations without issue.

Thanks for your assistance,

Matt
Matt,

I have a set of stock mufflers off of an '05 with 10K miles. The right side can has a very, very small crease in it. It happened while maneuvering it into storage in the fall. Left side is perfect. I purchased a set of pipes off of the forum last fall and will be doing the swap and posting my originals on the classifieds later next month. If you would are interested in the right (or both), drop me a line. I can send pictures. It is in the shop getting the TPS and trunk recalls done right now. I would like to get $75 for the right and $125 for the left.

Take care,

V65mike

If you are still looking, I have a right side from a 2005 in great shape. Send me a PM if you are interested.

I got a L/H and R/H stock exhaust that are off my 04' they are not mint, but they are in good condition. (they have been wrapped up in a box for the past 3 years). 250 shipped if you want them.