Riser Options for the 2006

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the studs break during installation or afterward....this is important. It could be due to misalignment during the install that caused them to bind and break!

Thats what I thought. I love the riding position with the risers installed and think I'll keep mine. I checked them again tonight and can find nothing wrong. By the way I torqued them to 38 lbs. That seems plenty tight and I'll check them often. If the extension breaks why not simply install a new solid one piece bolt....you won't have the ability to adjust them but why would you want to.

Doug wants them out of circulation until he can rework, probably beef up the stud. Hate to lose them but will return them for his peace of mind and wait for the new design. He states liability cannot be signed away.

Doesn't look like Helibars 'fix' will raise the bars to a more upright position like Doug's risers. I wonder if the back position (back 1.5") would be enough to relieve the pressure from the hands of us that have problems with the stock position.

I suppose someone will post their findings once the bars break cover.

I would also suppose that the Helibar mod will be pretty pricey?

BAGGER

I just got back home and to my disappointment was reading some of the post where purchasers were not going to return the risers after doing the recall.

I would just like to say that I would consider it a personal favor if all purchasers would return the risers to me. It is my desire to remove all the Version 3 risers for the 06 FJR from the market place in order that noone gets hurt and it is also the only way I can eliminate my liability exposure. I have gone out of my way to do what was right to protect your safety and financial interest in this recall. I sincerely apoligize for the inconvience this has caused you as a purchaser, and I would greatly appreciate it if you would be kind enough to return the risers for a refund.

Thanks

Doug Hines