Riser plate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimefjr

Reaction score
Wow, I just installed my new riser plate...should have done this the first day...I liked the gen mar riser blocks but still found myself wanting to sit a bit more upright...this piece of aluminum is is VERY high quality in fact it is a work of art...even if I didn't want the 1 3/4" pullback and 1 1/2" rise I would want it on the bike just because it looks so much better then the stock triple clamp...now I can say I am truely comfortable ..and the bars being 4 degrees foward is perfect...what a nice riding position. No grit in these threads and an easy install.

001.jpg

002-2.jpg

I'm thinking about putting the gen mar 1 inch risers on my bike. My question is: Did you have to cut the wire looms that hold your cables in place? The directions say to do the cutting but I would prefer not to.

Chris

Yes, you do have to cut the cable holders...they are actually connected to the studs that come up through your bars under the beauty covers...and you have to remove the studs and use gen mars bolts...I wanted to keep them also...but it really isn't a problem without them...the cables are fine without those holders and it all actually looks better...cleaner without them to me.

Hi jimefjr,

that riser plate sure looks good. Which one is it and how tricky to install? I'm 6'ft and just about to go with the Genmars risers but that looks even better.

Thanks

Presto

Wow, I just installed my new riser plate...should have done this the first day...I liked the gen mar riser blocks but still found myself wanting to sit a bit more upright...this piece of aluminum is is VERY high quality in fact it is a work of art...even if I didn't want the 1 3/4" pullback and 1 1/2" rise I would want it on the bike just because it looks so much better then the stock triple clamp...now I can say I am truely comfortable ..and the bars being 4 degrees foward is perfect...what a nice riding position. No grit in these threads and an easy install.
001.jpg

002-2.jpg

jimefrj,

+1 on the comfort of the riser plate. Just installed mine last week and I love it.

Question for you. I bought my bike used and it already had bar risers installed so I'm not sure if the way my throttle cables were routed are different from stock. After installing my riser plate, the throttle cables were so tight, it would hold the throttle open when turned all the way to the left. I ended up routing the cables toward the inside of the brake hose manifold rather than below and to the outside the way they were (see picture). Are yours routed this way?

DSCN0939.JPG

This corrected the problem completely but I'm a little concerned that the cables may rub on something and cause a problem down the road.

Thanks,

Ross

Last edited by a moderator: