road gremlin bell

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RadioHowie's first farkle on Frankenbike was a Gremlin Bell...

from https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...=123601&hl=

(and my thread on ShinyPartsUp providing my newest bell https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...=124564&hl=

In case some of you haven't been riding for long, or have lived in a cave most of your riding lives, here's what a "gremlin bell" is all about:

Have you noticed that some riders have a small bell hanging off their motorcycle frame or handlebars? Have you wondered what the purpose is? Well, you have come to the right place. That little bell is more than decoration, it serves a very important purpose – it wards off gremlins, also known as evil road spirits.

You see, there are motorcycle gremlins that LOVE to ride, but they are also mischievous little devils and they cause all sorts of problems for you while you are riding. Some say they are responsible for that old lady in the minivan not seeing you and cutting you off in traffic. Or, you may be having trouble shifting smoothly, your battery goes dead, your turn signal suddenly refuses to work, an oil spill appears out of nowhere, you hit a patch of black ice, etc – you get the idea. Those little gremlins look for trouble and try to steer your bike towards it.

Now, once you get a bell on your scoot – it wards off these attacks from the little gremlins, not allowing any more to get onto your bike. If you already have some gremlins riding with you, they will get trapped in the hollow of the bell, and the constant ringing will drive them insane – causing them to lose their grip and fall to the roadway.

Do you have the protection of a gremlin bell? If you buy a gremlin bell of your own, the power works. If you receive the gremlin bell as a gift – the powerful magic of the bell is doubled. Do you have a friend who does not have a gremlin bell yet? Why not be the person to give them one, they'll thank you! The bell, and a good preventive maintenance program by the bike's owner, will help eliminate the gremlins.

Sure...it may seem like a silly addition to my bike, but the spirit in which it is given, and from where it came, is very meaningful to me and will ride with me for protection for many, many miles and smiles to come.

I didn't take time to go to the link, so this may be in there but I've also heard that potholes are caused when the Gremlins fall from the bike and hit the ground. I guess they are like little bombs.

Your FJR is blessed so don't bother with the gay ass bell. My buddy had his windshield cracked from the guys bell in front of him falling off at freeway speed. :fie:
Just goes to prove it works. If your buddy had had a bell he wouldn't have been hit by the other bell.

Sometimes, some riders just need that little extra luck, knowwhatImsayin? People like RadioHowie and Patriot explode engines, so if a bell keeps them safe from themselves, who's to argue?

When I saw the bell dedicated to our troops, I could not deny the urge to get one for the perfect owner. Mike in 'Nawlins is a class act that needs fewer gremlins.

Your FJR is blessed so don't bother with the gay ass bell. My buddy had his windshield cracked from the guys bell in front of him falling off at freeway speed. :fie:
Just goes to prove it works. If your buddy had had a bell he wouldn't have been hit by the other bell.
:thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks to all for the..umm...advice. Ihave a bell on all my bikes past and present. Even on my 250cc scooter! Guess it's kinda a tradition. :D

Sometimes, some riders just need that little extra luck, knowwhatImsayin? People like RadioHowie and Patriot explode engines, so if a bell keeps them safe from themselves, who's to argue?
When I saw the bell dedicated to our troops, I could not deny the urge to get one for the perfect owner. Mike in 'Nawlins is a class act that needs fewer gremlins.
thanx dude
wub.gif

sweatdrop.gif
<sniff sniff>
kleenex.gif

asskiss.gif

angel.gif

thanx dude
wub.gif

sweatdrop.gif
<sniff sniff>
kleenex.gif

asskiss.gif

angel.gif

I love ya man, but I could do without the ass kisses, K? :huh:

thanx dude
wub.gif

sweatdrop.gif
<sniff sniff>
kleenex.gif

asskiss.gif

angel.gif

I love ya man, but I could do without the ass kisses, K? :huh:
pondering..."can I love ya the same if there's less of ya ???" huuummmmm

Sounds like something you could dangle from your left (or is it right...I can never remember) ear. That way you'll be protected always. No slipping in the shower; no dangerous sleep apnea; no reason to fear anything, anywhere.

This must have come over from the Harley crowd...it just fits. :superstition:

W2

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure...it may seem like a silly addition to my bike, but the spirit in which it is given, and from where it came, is very meaningful to me and will ride with me for protection for many, many miles and smiles to come.
GUNNY!!
Pretty much sums it up... I've had one on all of my bikes (yes even the FZ1 that I was riding in my accident last year... the friend that gave it to me said he felt bad that it didn't "save" me... I said, I'm still here, aren't I? ;) ). I've given them to several folks as well. It can't hurt, right? We can use any little morsel to keep us safe out on them thar roads, right? B)

Where the hell do I hang my guardian bell? On the bike I mean..
In the event you ARE serious about where to hang your Gremlin Bell ........ :unsure:

196554371_Xjy8H-M-1.jpg

196344022_WSG9r-M.jpg

196489200_5PZUY-M.jpg
I had two gremlin bells given to me. I mounted one under the FJR and it was missing after one ride. The second one was heavier and wired on. I rode a bit "spiritedly" and after the ride it was shredded metal. None since.

They work best if given to you instead of purchased... My last gremlin bell went to the guy that bought my VTX. Don't have one right now on the FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine us tied into the vent tubes on the bottom of the bike.

I don't know if I buy into the superstitions wholeheartedly or not. But they are fun gifts to give to riding buddies. And if you put them where you can see them, they remind you to ride safe.