ROADGEAR Cold Weather Thumbs Up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ari Rankum

NAFO Karting Champion, 2012
Reaction score
I rode my '05 Feej through a deer 11 months ago. In the process, I killed a jacket I really liked. I decided to buy the ROADGEAR Xtreme jacket as a replacement.

Since then, I've picked up some ROADGEAR winter weight gauntlet-style gloves, and some ROADGEAR overpants.

Today was the first day below freezing in the area, so I zipped the liner into the jacket for the first time and donned the winter gloves and overpants. Man. I was really surprised with how comfortable I was, even at extra-legal speeds.

Two gloved thumbs up.

Links:

Xtreme Jacket

Pants

Gloves

...knit one...pearl two...

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you like the pants? Do you use them as overpants or did you order them "true to size" and wear them as regular riding pants?

I'm wondering about their sizing. Thanks.

How do you like the pants? Do you use them as overpants or did you order them "true to size" and wear them as regular riding pants?
I'm wondering about their sizing. Thanks.
I bought them as overpants. They fit fine as overpants. The jacket sizing is spot-on, too. Whatever your wear for a dinner jacket, buy that size for the riding jackets. XXL gloves are small, as usual. Grrr. Chinese people should not be told "However the hell big you think XXL would be."

Er, 'cold weather'? Que es?

:haha:
Yeah. Funny. Watch my mood start to disintegrate as some cold wet monsoons roll through this week. Pretty soon, it'll be dark and cold on the way in, and dark and cold on the way out. Yep. Winter riding is just like sex at the morgue. Hate it. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Winter riding is just like sex at the morgue. Hate it. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Some people just have a way with words. Does that come from riding through a deer?
I can't tell if you're serious or not, but since you struck a chord, I'll answer.

Something changed. I don't quite understand all of the changes, but a large swath could be cut through most of the changes by saying I let a lot less bother me than I used to. Restated, what's really important to me is more tightly focused than before, and opportunities to have a little fun are more often seized.