Rocky mountain region, sightings

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobG

Reaction score
Seen a bunch of FJRs on highway 50 between Montrose and Cimarron.

Most notable were the 3 together Blue,Cherry, and Silver heading east. To bad I was on my cruiser heading west, it needed the cobwebs knocked out.

Great day for riding the Rockies.!!

Bob

I came through there yesterday on my way back from Utah. Did you see a fully loaded blue '06 and silver Ninja 650? I think it was between 4 and 5pm.

Dave

I may have missed you, we stopped at McD in Montrose. I let my son ride the bike from there and I took a nap in my wifes car, while she drove.

(I have never been to Arrow Head before, It is really nice back there)

Friday I am heading to Prescott for a family reunion, then on to Phoenix to help out my parents. I am pulling a trailer, but my boys all want to take turns riding the bikes. Most likely only one bike will be in the trailer at any one time. I want to ride a loop with my son from Phoenix to Payson, to Show Low, through the Salt River Canyon, then back to my parents home. It has been about 25 years since I have done that route, and never on a bike.

Dave where did you ride in Utah?

Bob

Dave where did you ride in Utah?
Bob,

I'm not sure what I was thinking. Although we thought about coming back through via the Million Dollar Highway, we opted for less traffic and came back through Creede and Lake City. We were only on hwy 50 from Blue Mesa to Gunnison -- about 10 miles. You can see the trip report here.

Dave

Today in Hot Springs, SD I saw a 2007 FJR with white stripes on the side riding through town. Came in from the south then headed west out of town.