Rode an 05 FJR last weekend...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucka

Reaction score
HI

"Love your forum, long time reader first time poster."

My Brother for years has talked about getting a new bike to replace his 84 Honda Super Magna. A year and half ago I kept telling him about the new Yamaha FJR1300 and its great performance and features. He couldn't decide on what to do and kept torturing himself over buying a new bike or staying with his old love the Super Magna.

After taking some good natured brotherly abuse from his two older brothers about his aging Super Magna he went down the next day and test rode an FJR, loved it, bought it, and has never looked back! He loves the bike.

He let me ride the FJR one afternoon and I have to tell ya...what a difference ...WOW! Ya see, I have a Customized Yamaha Roadstar low, slow and loud! The FJR sits high, is very fast and super quiet! Now I'm not comparing the attributes of the two bikes, both are different animals for different riding styles, but man I gotta tell ya what a contrast in riding mentality. The FJR makes my Roadstar feel like I'm driving a snow plow!

So, now I'm considering getting an FJR and I've started shopping around. Heres my question? The best deal I've found so far is at D&H Cycle in Alabama. Its a bit of a drive for me to get the bike but my local dealers can't even come close to their price. Has anyone on this forum bought their FJR's from this dealer and how was your experience? I'd like to know before sending off the $500.00 deposit on an 06' bike.

You guys have a great forum here, lots of great members offering great information, I hope to be back as an owner and contributor.

Thanks

Greg

"...we're burning daylight, lets ride!"

Bucka, you don't say where you are from but I know there is adealer in Wisconsin that matched D & H's price last year and may be doing it again this year. I would have to check. Also Yamaha Powersports in Texarkana , TX is real close to their price as well.

Glenn

Glenn,

I'm from central Illinois. Wisconsin would be a much closer drive, you wouldn't have the name of that dealer would you?

Appreciate the info!

Later

Greg

"...we're burning daylight, lets ride!"

I'll get it today. The shop is owned by the parents of a guy that goes by fastersilver on the fjrowners board. He may have posted here a couple of times as well.

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg, I'm from Terre Haute, and I ordered an '06 AE from D&H. Get one NOW and we can both go pick them up together!

Another option is to call Bird Yamaha in southern Illinois (Patoka) .

618-432-5555 PH

618-432-5351 FAX

BIRD YAMAHA

800 NORTH OAK

PATOKA, IL 62875

These are the prices as posted by qksilver. It's down in the vendor quotes part of the bartering area.

1300A------$11,999

1300EA-----$13,549

Bird is 5 bills more than D&H! Better to just get it down the street if it's not worth $500 to go to Alabama for two days.

I'm more or less locked in for 5 bills, so I don't think Bird will work for me. But he sure could for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg, I am located in SE WI. I found it very easy to find a dealer to meet or beat D & H. All three locations: Richland Center, South Milwaukee & Delafield would meet/beat D & H. It’s all in your approach and your negotiating skills. Send me a PM if you need any further assistance. Best of luck!

I am am ordering mine Tomorrow in Janesville Wisconsin. Believe me...I am going to print off these price posts tonight and take them with me. I will let you know how it turns out.

D&H were superb people to deal with; I highly recommend them. They were also a great excuse for me to take The Long Ride. Good luck wherever you buy your bike, you are going to love the FJR. :D

I heard D&H will pick ya up at the airport and buy ya lunch before they send ya on your way with a new FJR. :D