Rookie FJR Driver does his first mod.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ocdmachine

Reaction score
Well decided to tackle my first mod after I serviced the bike. Since I had the fairing off for coolant flush I figured now was as good as time as any to go exploring the innards of this FJR. For now just decided to add a front accessible power source for my GPS and XM. I had also purchased the engine insulation and put that in while running some future expansion power under the seat for my Gerbing liner.

Insulation-in-tank.jpg

Future-Heated-Gear.jpg

Here is the power source that I copied from fjrtech.com

Fuse-Holder.jpg

Good news was that it actually worked!

It-works.jpg

Of course being a rookie FJR owner, I seemed to have some leftovers :blink:

Extra-parts.jpg

Probably from some dark recess that I never should have ventured into anyway!

Forgot-this-one.jpg

But all in all I was happy with the final result. Now just need to order another hardwire for my XM so I can swap between the Ultra and the FJR :D

Finished-Project.jpg

Since one of those bolts has a nylon washer, it must've started out on the painted portion of your fairing... you might want to check to make sure you didn't replace it with a bolt without a washer...

Since one of those bolts has a nylon washer, it must've started out on the painted portion of your fairing... you might want to check to make sure you didn't replace it with a bolt without a washer...
Yea I figured that and went about looking for it but for the life of me I can't figure where these two belong. Hopefully I won't find out the hard way as something blows off while zipping down the road :eek: