Rubber baby bumpers (saddlebag)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip Irwin

Reaction score
I bumped my saddlebag on a corner of a breezeway while moving my bike and the rubber bumper strip on my left saddlebag came loose. I took it off to keep it from falling off and want to put it back on... It is in good shape. The problem is all the old glue that needs to come off.... How? 2010 FJR1300

Thanks,

Skip

I'm sure you meant "rubber baby buggy bumpers" ? :D

I've never been under them, alcohol, maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
i slightly heated them with a hair dryer then pealed it off very gently. what i want to know is what to use to put them back on; something that won't attack the ABS plastic.

i slightly heated them with a hair dryer then pealed it off very gently. what i want to know is what to use to put them back on; something that won't attack the ABS plastic.
I would try 3M automotive double stick first, alternative might be black silicon based sealant (as in windshield version). Clean area and part with rubbing alcohol first.

My $.02

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to an auto paint supply store or a auto bady shop, they have the thin double stick stuff thay will hold the best and its thin...