Rubber seal/gasket on the R/R plugs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesK

Got to ride
Reaction score
While checking the charging system, which required unplugging the two plugs connecting to the R/R I noticed that one of the rubber seal/gaskets on the Red/Black plug was quite seriously deteriorated. This is the one that plugs onto part #19 in the schematic.

I am trying to find the part # for this using the online microfiche but have not had much luck.

RRPlugSeal.png

Y07FJR13AW48-JK.png

https://216.37.204.203/Yamaha_OEM/YamahaMC....;A=579&B=49

My best educated guess is that you won't. This rubber seal is part of the connector purchased by the manufacturer of the part. It's not an individually stocked Yamaha part. The cheap fix would be a tube of RTV from the auto parts store. The expensive fix is to replace the entire part.

My best educated guess is that you won't. This rubber seal is part of the connector purchased by the manufacturer of the part. It's not an individually stocked Yamaha part. The cheap fix would be a tube of RTV from the auto parts store. The expensive fix is to replace the entire part.
Slapnpop, thanks for the hint, could you pls explain what RTV is?

Slapnpop, thanks for the hint, could you pls explain what RTV is?
Silicone sealer. Take the weatherpac seal (thats what it is) to a local junkyard. Get under a few late model hoods, start tearin into wire harnesses, you'll find one that fits. GM/Ford/Mopar dealerships may also have loose, and they need the money. Do your part to Wealth the Spread. Rads Hot Tip-O-The Day.......dielectric compound on those seals will keep 'em from rippin up and improve their weatherproofednessability.

Last edited by a moderator:
As mentioned, RTV is a 1 part silicone sealant/adhesive. Often sold as "gasket maker," but you would want the standard type.