Russel Seats and the FJR seat spacer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiteflyer

Reaction score
I received my Russel a short time back and haven't had a real chance to break it in as the winter weather around here is just beginning to abate.

My question is about the seat spacer under the front seat: the spacer is what sets the seat height, but can it (should it) be removed for the new Russell seat?

I'm sure after several miles on the seat will tell me what and if I need to do anything with the spacer. Any one have any experience with this scenario?

Cheers-

You should use as stock, the seat pan is the same so you don't need to remove.
That has been my experience as well.

I have read others saying that the seat is no higher than stock. That is not my experience. If you used the high setting with the stock seat you will find the low setting with the Russel pretty close. I find the high setting with the Russel a pretty good fit for me. It is much higher than the stock seat. I am really liking this seat.

You should use as stock, the seat pan is the same so you don't need to remove.
That has been my experience as well.

I have read others saying that the seat is no higher than stock. That is not my experience. If you used the high setting with the stock seat you will find the low setting with the Russel pretty close. I find the high setting with the Russel a pretty good fit for me. It is much higher than the stock seat. I am really liking this seat.
I finally got to ride with the new Russel seat and I find that it did add a little height. I will continue to use the high location for a few more rides and then try the lower setting to see which I like better.

Now if the sun (or specifically the lack of down poor) would happen today I could get a few more hours of riding in this year.