Russell Day Long Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowhunter

Reaction score
I find myself wishing I had a better seat after every decent ride I take. It seems that popular opinion has it that the Russell is the way to go. Since I don't live anywhere close to ride in distance, I was wondering if anyone within reasonable distance of the Oak Ridge, Tn. area has the Russell seat on their bike.

I am 6' 2", 210 lbs., 34" inseam, you don't have to be built like me for me to be interested in seeing your seat!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too think I am going to get one of these seats in the near future. I have lloked at all of the seats and read almost every thread over the last year in this forum on seats so I feel like I have learnd alot. Even my wife likes the idea and told me I need to get one before she will go on any more long 2-up rides.

I find myself wishing I had a better seat after every decent ride I take. It seems that popular opinion has it that the Russell is the way to go. Since I don't live anywhere close to ride in distance, I was wondering if anyone within reasonable distance of the Oak Ridge, Tn. area has the Russell seat on their bike.I am 6' 2", 210 lbs., 34" inseam, you don't have to be built like me for me to be interested in seeing your seat!

I'm in central Al, just below B-ham, and built similar to you.

One of these years I am going to get together with a friend in Knoxville

Last edited by a moderator:
I find myself wishing I had a better seat after every decent ride I take. It seems that popular opinion has it that the Russell is the way to go. Since I don't live anywhere close to ride in distance, I was wondering if anyone within reasonable distance of the Oak Ridge, Tn. area has the Russell seat on their bike.I am 6' 2", 210 lbs., 34" inseam, you don't have to be built like me for me to be interested in seeing your seat!

I do. Have had it on since the 18th of this month.

Loving it.

I am 6'-2" and about 220, with a 32" inseam.

I live in Alcoa, Tn. , just outside of Knoxville.

Your welcome to take a peek.

Loving it.

Can you FedEx to me to try?

J/K lol

Loving it.

Looks like I am in luck! I appreciate the offer and I am going to take you up on it. I spent the whole day today riding and I just now set down to this desk. I'll send you an e-mail if I can figure it out(I'm not that sharp with computers!)

Thanks again!

Too bad we could not do a group buy for a Russell seat?
If you want to wait until late November there is a GB done by COG every year.
How much was it last year so I have an idea? I want it in the leather for both front and rear and I am definitely adding the seat heater for both of us.
10% off. I got mine in 05'. Here is a link to the 06' GB https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...ssell+group+buy