Russell seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glory racing

Reaction score
Although the russells get good reviews...obviously each butt is different. Is there anyone in or near Missouri that has a Russell that I could check out?

Thanx!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck. You have to remember that the Russell ain't a Corbin, Sgt's or other off-the-shelf design with a customer-chosen cover. They are built from the ground up to the customer's measurements. While they may each look similar, setting on someone else's might give you the wrong impression unless you are the same height/weight/inseam as they are.

Although the russells get good reviews...obviously each butt is different. Is there anyone in or near Missouri that has a Russell that I could check out? Thanx!
I am near St. Clair MO about 100 miles to the southeast of Columbia. You are welcome to come check it out.

Another option...

I have the Bill Mayer Saddle, And in Springfield, If you'd like to take a look!

also another thing... We both have gen 1's.

I have a Russel and a Bill Mayer for my 05 FJR. I'm located near Lonedell Mo.

Although the russells get good reviews...obviously each butt is different. Is there anyone in or near Missouri that has a Russell that I could check out? Thanx!

Thanx for the replies and offers. Do you suspect that the difference between the gen 1 and gen 2 bikes would matter simply for the seat sizing test?

Thanx for the replies and offers. Do you suspect that the difference between the gen 1 and gen 2 bikes would matter simply for the seat sizing test?
I woudn't think that would matter its all about the way there built.

I have had a Mayer and a Sargent but this is foresure the best.

I think if you travel to check out a seat it would be best to check the one with the rider that is close to your same size.

I am 5'8 and 155,

I think if you travel to check out a seat it would be best to check the one with the rider that is close to your same size.

I am 5'8 and 155,
I am 5' 8" as well, but it has been many years since I have seen 155 #'s!

It would actually be a nice ride to your location and there is a track day at Gateway this Sunday. Will you possibly be available this Sunday for a brief get together?

Thanx again,

Mark

So how do you guys like the Russell seats? Worth the money? Worth the wait?
[SIZE=36pt]+1 YES![/SIZE]

you can schedule it so they have you send it in a few days before they do the work. I did that on last years group buy. Got mine back in two weeks. Was worth every penny. They did the passenger at teh same time. Mine is the half moon leather for both.

[SIZE=36pt]+1 YES![/SIZE]

you can schedule it so they have you send it in a few days before they do the work. I did that on last years group buy. Got mine back in two weeks. Was worth every penny. They did the passenger at teh same time. Mine is the half moon leather for both.
Thanks, the seat is next on the up-grade list. Current plan is to send them the seat pan in about January. Just wanted to make sure the seat was worth it. You guys have confirmed it! Thanks!!!

Read back on the previous threads.....

Tried to modify my own.....

Bought a Sergeant.......

Bought a Corbin......

Bought a Mayer......

Bought a Russell........

Never hear from them again..........

\Take your chances and pay your money...... :argue:

yes

yes

i spent way more than the cost of a russell trying to avoid spending the money that a russell costs. those partial band-aids never did address the solution completely, so i eventually bit the bullet and got one for my wing. all i could do was kick myself for not doing it sooner. (same thing i did with my valentine 1 detector.)

when i got the fjr, the first thing i did was get a russell in all leather, took more than the minimum # of photos, described all the things that didn't feel right about the oem seat (at length) and got back a seat that is more comfortable than the wing's was (which is saying something considering the seat of the fjr is smaller).

and both of my russell were bought without the benefit of a self-buy discount:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...=110907&hl=

I am 5'8 and 155,

It would actually be a nice ride to your location and there is a track day at Gateway this Sunday. Will you possibly be available this Sunday for a brief get together?

Thanx again,

Mark
Sent PM

I am 5'8 and 155,

Thanx again,

Mark
Sent PM
Sorry I missed ya today. I recieved your message as I was about half way home. After track day, it was hard to keep the speed down...so I figured it would be better to just keep on rolling towards home.

I am 5'8 and 155,

Thanx again,

Mark

Sent PM
Sorry I missed ya today. I recieved your message as I was about half way home. After track day, it was hard to keep the speed down...so I figured it would be better to just keep on rolling towards home.

Sorry I missed you in the morning Like a bonehead I left without my phone.

Latest posts