Saddle Bag Liners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradman

When Life Throws You A Curve..... Lean Into It
Reaction score
I bought these off of Ebay. Some of the zippers don't match, wondering if they are Yamaha or after-market.

Thanks for helping me.

IMG_1523Small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, you guys are right. I just checked them, one is new and hasn't been expanded open and it makes the used one look much bigger. They are the same size.

Do these look like yours?

Um....NOMB but curious minds and all...

You have the bags in hand.

What does it matter if they're "real" or after-market ? :blink:

Um....NOMB but curious minds and all...

You have the bags in hand.

What does it matter if they're "real" or after-market ? :blink:

Hey,

That's a great question. What I was wondering is whether or not they looked like the originals. I bought my bike used and have never seen any before. Other than that it doesn't matter to me. I was just curious. The other thing is that I bought them for very little money and I was curious if they even looked similar the the correct ones. Ha ha. LOL!

Thanks again,

Brad

Thanks. You guys have helped me so much with so many questions. Many I've had answered by searching the site and not asking on the forum.

I appreciate the information. I may never use these things, but I wanted them for some reason. This motorcycle is almost an addiction! Ha ha. I love it and ride it every chance that I get.

:yahoo:

Thanks. You guys have helped me so much with so many questions. Many I've had answered by searching the site and not asking on the forum.

I appreciate the information. I may never use these things, but I wanted them for some reason. This motorcycle is almost an addiction! Ha ha. I love it and ride it every chance that I get.

I use mine every time I take a trip. That is what I pack my clothes and other stuff in. I love them!

I use mine every time I take a trip. That is what I pack my clothes and other stuff in. I love them!
Exactly. You don't want to pull your hard cases and take them into the motel, and you sure don't want to carry all your socks and Anti Monkey Butt powder in there loose. And if you ever happen to crash your bike in some hell hole in Montana and end up flying home in an airplane, turns out they make a pretty good emergency suitcase. I'll bet.

+1. Plus when packing, if it'll fit in the liner it'll fit in the saddlebag. So I plan accordingly so the first and second over nights require the left bag. The third and fourth nights are the right bag. Then it's time to hit the laundromat and continue on.

When I bought my bike, the liners weren't with it (PO did not supply them on trade-in), so I just bought some cheap aftermarket Bestem bags (made for FJR). No complaints...they seem to be holding up well. I use them for everything.

It looks to me like (based on the zipper pulls) the one on the right is OEM and the left one may be a Bestem

Here's how you can tell if they are the OEMs or Bestem. The OEMs say "Left" and "Right" on the top flap. The Bestems say "FJR1300"

yamaha_fjr1300_side.jpg

I think those are aftermarket bags based on the photo.

I dug mine out, and as pointed out above, the factory bags are labelled "Right" and "Left" on the flaps (in the approx middle of the flap) along with the Performance Touring logo.

The outside face of the bag (as viewed when installed in the hard bag) has the tuning fork trademark and "Yamaha" in large block lettering, centered in the face of the bag. There is a full-length zippered compartment across the outside face of each bag.

The inside of the flap on each bag has a mesh zippered compartment.

I agree that the liner bags are a very handy feature while on a trip. It sure beats having to either unload the hard bags each night, or carry the entire hard bag and contents into the hotel/motel room with you.

Mine have served well for a number of multiple day trips, with no obvious wear to this point.

Don

I went through two pairs of the Bestem brand bags in very short succession (less than 3 months) before I finally broke down and bought OEM replacements. The Bestem bags all 4 failed at the zippers. On a couple the metal part of the zipper broke, and on a couple more the fabric on either side of the zipper track shredded into little bits. The first pair was replaced for free by the seller, but the second pair I didn't even bother.

I've had the OEM bags for 5 years now, and not a single problem. Definitely higher quality than the Bestem bags.

Funny how the "copy" products usually aren't as good as the originals, huh?