Saddle bags are built in helmet locks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moosehead

Reaction score
You can use the little lock tang on the saddle bag locks to lock your helmet.

IMGP0008.jpg

Unlock the bag lock and slide one side of the two metal helmet strap rings into the space as shown

IMGP0010.jpg

Then lock as you normally would.

IMGP0011.jpg
IMGP0012.jpg
IMGP0014.jpg

Good Idea, SoCalMike, had a similar idea and placed a knot at one of the strap ends and slip it in the cover. Works also, as well as this idea.

Good idea, but (there's always one of those) one good yank and your helmet's still a gonner along with every thing in that bag - maybe even the bag, too. Best, you're left with a buggered up lock and latch.

Goodpickup there Moosehead.

Lets see... FJR came out in 03?

This discovered in 06?

FNG's rock

Fortunately, where I usually ride there is no helmet law. That greatly reduces the likelyhood that anyone will target my helmet for theft.

Nice idea, though, for those in helmet required areas.

I tried it with my Shoei RF 900 and RF 700 and it was kind of a tight fit. (it was hard to get the metal loop to go under the swing lock tab; and on the Shoei, the "D" ring is really a "D" so being rounded made it a little more difficult in this application) I guess in a pinch it would work but eveyday ease is not there.

I'm going to have to give this a try too. But if someones already given it a go with Shoei's it might not work.

I've considered the license plate locks in the past. Used to carry a small cable lock with me too (hell most helmet locks on bikes aren't usable anyway).

Great idea! :clapping: I was just researching options for helmet locks and this closes the issue for me. Thanks again. B)

Latest posts