Saddle bags are built in helmet locks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe I'm on my second FJR and never thought of this, been carrying the damn helmet like a purse when the bags are full. Thanks Moose !

It's just too bad that locks are required. WTF's the matter with some peeps anyway ?

I can't believe I'm on my second FJR and never thought of this, been carrying the damn helmet like a purse when the bags are full. Thanks Moose !
Doh, great idea!

:clapping:

It's just too bad that locks are required. WTF's the matter with some peeps anyway ?
I guess if the cops weren't writing so many tickets they could catch them peeps!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried my 06 - no way can I get the helmet ring in there - not enough space.

Alan

Great idea and one I might use in an area where I'm not worried about theft, but more worried about a helmet falling down.

My favorite helmet is my Scorpion EXO 700 series. It cost me $179. A sidecase costs $2,700. In metro areas, they can take my helmet and I'll keep hanging it on my mirror, or carrying it with me. Some dumb kid that wants your fancy helmet won't give a shit that he is breaking very expensive plastic to get your helmet, he just wants that kick ass helmet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately, where I usually ride there is no helmet law. That greatly reduces the likelyhood that anyone will target my helmet for theft.
Nice idea, though, for those in helmet required areas.
OH, Contrair<sp.!

You guys who don't wear your helmets are the one's that always have them strapped down. The first to be stolen.

ie: "Not smart enough to wear a helmet, he's lucky to remember where he left his bike, let alone miss his helmet!"
on-crutches.gif

laughing3.gif

I did this today with my X11 on my 06, worked well. I had to put the key in through the face shield cause the strap with the D ring is so short, but it worked just fine. I normally park pretty close to entrances anyway so people are likely to see someone fooking with my bike.

Worked good for a quick run into Wally-World.

:D

Latest posts