Saddle Sore 1000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frenchy750

Reaction score
Just finished a 1000-in-1 ride, from Elkhart, IN to Rapid City, SD.

361098094_uygnW-L.jpg

My ride report of this long, grueling ride can be found here.

Great story and pictures. Almost, make me want to do a Saddle sore 1000 as well.

Best

LAroo

Great report. Congrats on your SS1K.

My favorite quote from your report:

As I walked closer, I could hear that one of the Harley guys was shouting, threatening to commit a fun reproductive act on another's mother. We decided to have the desk clerk witness our start instead.

"I don't ever want to do that again." I'm proud to have accomplished a Saddle Sore 1000, but it's not something that I really want to repeat.
We'll see about that. Congrats on the ride.

Dude.

First - congrats on the ride.

I don't know if this has sunk in yet - but distance is simply a mind set.

No turning back at this point.

BBG next?

Congrats on a well ridden Saddle Sore 1000 and a great report.

I loved your blog. "Wha!?" "Why!?" LOL How many mornings have I uttered these very same words?

I wish you guys had the HD riders sign your witness forms. You may have received sigs like:[SIZE=10pt] Frank "Bubba" Jones MD[/SIZE] or [SIZE=10pt]James "Slasher" Smith CPA[/SIZE]. Ya never know.

Here's to your next grand adventure. :drinks:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's finally official! I am a member of the Iron Butt Association!!

Dear Frenchy:

You are receiving this e-mail because of your application for a ride certification. This note is to let you know that your ride has been approved and although your ride documents may take a few more weeks to arrive, your membership has also been approved and entered into the Iron Butt Association's member database.

Welcome to the Iron Butt Association!

"I don't ever want to do that again." I'm proud to have accomplished a Saddle Sore 1000, but it's not something that I really want to repeat.
Do you still feel that way? I felt the same way after my first SaddleSore 1000 that I rode a couple weeks after you. I haven't received certification yet, but I'm guessing that once I become an official member I might be ready for the next step. As the saying goes, "Time heals all wounds" (or sore butts in this case).

And I think this is a universal feeling after any tough challenge. I've run a few marathons (running 26.2 miles without stopping) and I can tell you that after each one I told myself, "I ain't doin that again!" But 6 months later I'm thinking, "If I train harder, maybe I can beat my time from the last one?" Maybe some of us are just gluttons for punishment?

Do you still feel that way? I felt the same way after my first SaddleSore 1000 that I rode a couple weeks after you. I haven't received certification yet, but I'm guessing that once I become an official member I might be ready for the next step. As the saying goes, "Time heals all wounds" (or sore butts in this case).

And I think this is a universal feeling after any tough challenge. I've run a few marathons (running 26.2 miles without stopping) and I can tell you that after each one I told myself, "I ain't doin that again!" But 6 months later I'm thinking, "If I train harder, maybe I can beat my time from the last one?" Maybe some of us are just gluttons for punishment?
What I found out is that you begin to take your riding to another level, at least in terms of distances per day. 600 miles per day become very obtainable, and you no longer shy away from making the long haul to get somewhere. Opens up more and more of the US to you, as you begin to change your mind set about riding the distances...