Saddlebag Protectors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcjlmd

Reaction score
I already have some noticeable scratches on my '08 saddlebags. I think I have seen previously some advertisements for some kind of saddlebag protectors. Has anyone seen such a beast? I have had no luck with searching here or on Ebay, not that that means much!

Thanks.

Marc

There are covers you can put on them, but they look like ass, IMHO.

One option some members have gone with is covering the bags with truck bed liner. I decided to just live with the scratches for know.

Tankslapper.com used to sell a clear strip that went over the leading edge of the saddlebag. I don't know if he sells them separately or not. It might be worth a look though.

Rick

3M sells clear, adhesive backed protection sheets. You have to cut the 3M sheets to shape and size, whereas the Tankslapper kit is die cut. The 'Slapper kit goes on with water, like windshield tint. While the 3M clear sheets aren't quite as invisible as the 'Slappers, they are much more durable and don't get lost someplace along the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to try, www.premiercycleaccessories.com .

Click on FJR1300 on the menu.

Mac

You might want to try, www.premiercycleaccessories.com .
Click on FJR1300 on the menu.

Mac
I'm using the FJR Sidebag Surface Shield (Fits all bags '03-'08), they work well at keeping the scuffs under control. I'm using the Tankslapper.com kit for the tank and other key areas.

Clicky