Saddleman seats......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't help you with a review but I think I will be getting one soon since its the only decent looking seat, in my eyes anyway. The Russell is just plain ugly. I'd rather just sit on the frame than have that ugly seat on my bike.

Has anyone tried one of Saddleman's new sportbike seats? I see they have three different gel seats for the '06-'10 FJR.
They actually do look good - ah - ahem - I mean relatively comfortable for a narrow seat. Price seems pretty decent as well if the quality of the microfiber is good enough to hold up for a few years.

Let us know how it works out. I've been looking for someone to lower mine about an inch or so and Spencer Motorcycle Seat Mods, located here:
https://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

seems to be out of business. I've sent them three e-mails with no response.
iF YOU DO FIND SPENCER DON'T COUNT ON THE LOWERING TO BE VERY MUCH. I SENT MY TO THEM AND NOTICED VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE. SEAT WAS SOFTER AND MORE COMFORTABLE BUT I COULD HAVE SAVED THE $50 IN SHIPPING TO AND FROM AND SPENT IT ON A QUALITY SEAT.

BGH60

iF YOU DO FIND SPENCER DON'T COUNT ON THE LOWERING TO BE VERY MUCH. I SENT MY TO THEM AND NOTICED VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE. SEAT WAS SOFTER AND MORE COMFORTABLE BUT I COULD HAVE SAVED THE $50 IN SHIPPING TO AND FROM AND SPENT IT ON A QUALITY SEAT.BGH60
WHY ARE YOU YELLING??

Look at this, sexy black 08, Remus carbon exhaust, wow I wished I owned one like that... Oh wait I do...

SaddlemenSeat.jpg

They used my bike for the ads, as part of a agreement I will be getting a set to try out. I'll let you know how they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered one for my 04 R6, it should be here next week, for the price it looks pretty good, I got the micro fiber seat from Motocycle Online Store, FJR seat is $439.96 + Free shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must not be very good ??? No REVIEW !!

Mine is a month late! leaving for a two week ride tomorrow and still no seat... OR REVIEW...

Kevin