SAENG Micro Swirl edging

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahchiu

FJR Commander
Reaction score
Has anyone put Saeng Micro Swirl on there "stock" sheild and or aftermarket sheild? any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it, adds about 2"-3" of effective height to the windshield. I have used it on a couple of other bikes with varying degrees of success. On one bike it really made the cockpit a lot quieter. One thing I also like about it you can move it from bike to bike.

Bill

Some coincidence--just ordered four feet of the edging this morning. Learned that it was shipped this afternoon. Plan to use it on the stock screen to see if it improves the noise problem and buffeting. The edging is guaranteed so it seems as though there isn't much to lose--just postage if it doesn't work. Can provide more info in a week.

The old "did you Google it" response really makes it hard to get new feedback or new experiences that haven't been posted. Maybe we should invent Google Future - then we could all get posts that will someday be available. We wouldn't even need a forum then...

...and maybe we should take that approach to business and education? Nothing would ever be discussed a second time so it would be a lot easier to get stuff done. Yeah...I think we're rolling now. Teachers would be nearly obsolete since they are teaching from the text, thus already written about. Call centers could be eradicated since the people there repeat themselves every day - and we would rid ourselves of having to work through the strong accents.

I'm thinking of a new role in business consulting now that I am pondering the colossal waste of time discussing things we actually love (FJR toys) more than once. Cause if you can't re-hash cool things like farkles, we sure shouldn't have to re-hash anything that sucks - like work. Screw business consulting, I just realized the bonanza awaiting me in politics. I could coach the Prez to say at all of his press conferences: I discuss that 3 months ago, Google it.

Just sayin'

The old "did you Google it" response really makes it hard to get new feedback or new experiences that haven't been posted. Maybe we should invent Google Future - then we could all get posts that will someday be available. We wouldn't even need a forum then...
...and maybe we should take that approach to business and education? Nothing would ever be discussed a second time so it would be a lot easier to get stuff done. Yeah...I think we're rolling now. Teachers would be nearly obsolete since they are teaching from the text, thus already written about. Call centers could be eradicated since the people there repeat themselves every day - and we would rid ourselves of having to work through the strong accents.

I'm thinking of a new role in business consulting now that I am pondering the colossal waste of time discussing things we actually love (FJR toys) more than once. Cause if you can't re-hash cool things like farkles, we sure shouldn't have to re-hash anything that sucks - like work. Screw business consulting, I just realized the bonanza awaiting me in politics. I could coach the Prez to say at all of his press conferences: I discuss that 3 months ago, Google it.

Just sayin'
That's the funniest gdamn thing I've read all week. Lmao

Just sayin'
That's the funniest gdamn thing I've read all week. Lmao
ok i'll do it'

GUNNY

Some coincidence--just ordered four feet of the edging this morning. Learned that it was shipped this afternoon. Plan to use it on the stock screen to see if it improves the noise problem and buffeting. The edging is guaranteed so it seems as though there isn't much to lose--just postage if it doesn't work. Can provide more info in a week.
Bumping this to see if kbacon is still around and willing to provide that feedback.

Regarding SAENG MicroEdge, the original point of this thread:

My experience was less than impressive. I have tried a piece of it on a Concours C10, Triumph Trophy 900, ST1300 and '09 FJR. In all cases there was very little or no improvement. A small difference - yes, but improvement - no. Put the money into a Laminar Lip, stick it on your stock windscreen and be done.

pete :cold:

Regarding SAENG MicroEdge, the original point of this thread:

My experience was less than impressive. I have tried a piece of it on a Concours C10, Triumph Trophy 900, ST1300 and '09 FJR. In all cases there was very little or no improvement. A small difference - yes, but improvement - no. Put the money into a Laminar Lip, stick it on your stock windscreen and be done.

pete :cold:
Thanks!

I tried it on the stock screen back in 2003. The only advantage I found was that it routed rain away effectively. Didn't do much for wind noise or buffeting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep--I tried the edging on my 07 hoping to tone down some of the noise and buffeting. Didn't think it did much to prevent either problem. Went with a larger screen from Cal Sci and the difference was much more noticeable. Could not recommend the edging but I do know where you can get a good deal on four feet of the stuff. Willing to ship it to you for postage as its still on the stock screen sitting in my garage.