safety item a must

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekend rider

Reaction score
Saw an interesting item that would greatly help any rider that was broke down or in an accident of any kind. I was at the electric store getting parts today and Klein tools had a display up for new promo' of tools. The person that represented Klein, he and myself were talking about new gagets. He brings out this round object about the size of a hockey puck and ask if I knew what it was, and of course I did not know.

It is fairly new on the market and is called a " power flare" runs off of battery. It sends out different flashes and s.o.s is built in to it for emergencies, you can use it for safety to replace the old flares mark a location. signal for help, cars and pick-ups can run over it and not harm it . It would an asset for a rider to have just for those situations that might occur and takes very little room.

Check it out at the following : www.toolvest.com look for power flare

maybe a new farkle?

Interesting! A 360 LED would get you noticed. I would check before ordering Red (Fire) or Blue (LEO) colors. Amber is a warning color that doesn't have the other implications. A white one at night might be awful bright and could cause traffic problems IMO.