Sampson Highway Pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockmw55422

Reaction score
Anyone have Sampson highway pegs? I have a 2010 and their site says you don't need to drill into your fairing to install these anymore like the older versions. I haven't been able to find any reviews of this product, but am interested in them because they are higher up and shouldn't interfere with cornering. Thanks for any replies.

Mike

Clicky

Pegs look a bit too high for my tastes...

rider-br-highway-peg.jpg

Interesting. The website prices them at $148.50/pair, which I thought sounded like a lot. I clicked the "order" button to see if it gave more info and they came up $168. <_< Since shipping is listed separately at $24.50, that doesn't explain the $20 difference. And anyway, $24.50 to put a small, lightweight pair of pegs into a box and mail it? I don't think these folks have anything I want.

Those would be WAY too high. There would be no relief to your knees, they would stiil be bent, but up into your chest.

Sampson's good people. Terry Smith will work with you well beyond the reasonable.

Give them a call. It may be a server problem with their purchasing database.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy cr@p! I have a set of those on my bike! I never knew where they came from. They provide relief in two ways; you can either put the bottom of your boot on the peg or you can stretch your leg straight out and rest the back of your heal on the peg. You will notice that the farings HAVE been drilled.

Those would be WAY too high. There would be no relief to your knees, they would stiil be bent, but up into your chest.
They look like they mount from the engine mount where you'd mount sliders on a Gen I? I'm assuming the positioning is the same as Gen II mounted sliders where I have a similar set of pegs mounted. It's actually great to allow variety in leg positioning, but won't work for extended periods.

I'll ride sometimes with my boots on the pegs and then rest my elbows on my knees for seating variety. But mostly I rest the back of my boots on the peg with my legs extended out. This allows leg stretching and airflow up the pants in hot weather. Obviously it won't work for extended periods with your calf resting on the peg.

Forum member Leo used to make adapters that attach to the sliders and allow use of official Harley Davidson black rubber pegs (or any other peg, but that's the ones he supplied). I think I might have been his last customer a few years ago because he's out of the business now. :( His were WAY less cost than what's offered in this thread.

That is the engine mount bolt, same as for sliders. I've tried to put my feet up on my sliders. Granted, they don't stick out far enough to use as pegs, but I couldn't get my feet up to that point with any amount of trying.