San Diego and Riverside County Residents

• Thread starter Santa Fe Dreamin'
  • Start date
Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Santa Fe Dreamin'

I’m fairly new to this forum and to my ’06 FJR – June 1!

As much as I’d like to meet a lot of the members, I’d like to initially meet the San Diego and South Riverside County riders in a local ride.

Who’s out there and where are you?

As much as I’d like to meet a lot of the members, I’d like to initially meet the San Diego and South Riverside County riders in a local ride.

Welcome to the madness - you're gonna enjoy your 06.

And if we go on a ride together, do the ladies on bicycles show up?

That could be a real draw.

Ya know.

I bet lot's of riders would show up if they did. :dribble:

Well you missed alot of rides so far, but if you keep your eye out on the Regional Ride planning under california, I'm sure you'll find a ride you'll like to join. If you want to plan a ride like I do, post the ride and you might be surprised by the turn out. This weekend is a good possibility that I might just go out your way to ride. What did you have in mind?

Santa Fe, I sent you a couple of emails on the "other" board but you must not have received them (I'm Kroozin on the other board). A few of us went on a ride this past weekend and I tried to contact you to see if you were interested.

Just keep an eye this section for rides. It stays pretty active for the most part...

- Mike

kaitsdad: Yes! All those lovelies will definitely show up. NOT!

zzkenoman: Now that I'm, I'll check in frequently. Dependin' on the weather and the type of ridin' you'll like to do, I could lead a local ride through our twisties in north county San Diego on June 7th. I'll try to post something in a new thread soon.

SoCalMike: Never got any emails. What's up?

A friend ('05 FJR) and I usually burn up several roads from the border up through Idyllwild and Big Bear.

We usually ride with a local club – Southern Cruiser’s Ridding Club – where I switch from Ride Captain and Tail Gunner.

To get a better feeling for the type of ridin' do you want, give me some idea of what you do:

1.) racing twisties

2.) fast twisties

3.) moderate sweepin' turns

4.) slower cynic visits to the east county

5.) all day with a lunch break in the middle

6.) do you break into smaller group to accommodate fast and casual riders

:yahoo: :yahoo: :lol: :clapping:

I'm in San Jacinto, and like to get out early. small group at most. More riding than eating, and I ride "The Pace". Spirited, but still safe. I'm out for the next couple weeks(folks are in town), but I'll look you up when I can ride again.

I usually go out alone for tours of our playground(S1,S2,S22, 76,79, 74, 243).

I don't care much for large groups for just local rides. Too much of the day is spent waiting for One to show up, one to gas up, one to finish his coffee, and one more to take a piss. I also don't like slabs and traffic very much, so I play on the deserted roads in the a.m. when there isn't much traffic. I'm really not as bitchy as I sound here. Keep me in mind for any riding(last minute is ok too) after Father's Day. The LA roadster show is my last commitment of the month.

Ride safe

Bob

05 ABS

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in San Jacinto, and like to get out early. small group at most. More riding than eating, and I ride "The Pace". Spirited, but still safe. I'm out for the next couple weeks(folks are in town), but I'll look you up when I can ride again.I usually go out alone for tours of our playground(S1,S2,S22, 76,79, 74, 243).

I don't care much for large groups for just local rides. Too much of the day is spent waiting for One to show up, one to gas up, one to finish his coffee, and one more to take a piss. I also don't like slabs and traffic very much, so I play on the deserted roads in the a.m. when there isn't much traffic. I'm really not as bitchy as I sound here. Keep me in mind for any riding(last minute is ok too) after Father's Day. The LA roadster show is my last commitment of the month.

Ride safe

Bob

05 ABS

FJRME: I understand what you mean. When I lead a group from the Southern Cruiser's it's not at all what you've seen. This club loves to ride and have fun doin'it. But, yes. We love to eat. :p

zzkenoman: Now that I'm, I'll check in frequently. Dependin' on the weather and the type of ridin' you'll like to do, I could lead a local ride through our twisties in north county San Diego on June 7th. I'll try to post something in a new thread soon.

A friend ('05 FJR) and I usually burn up several roads from the border up through Idyllwild and Big Bear.

We usually ride with a local club – Southern Cruiser’s Ridding Club – where I switch from Ride Captain and Tail Gunner.

To get a better feeling for the type of ridin' do you want, give me some idea of what you do:

1.) racing twisties

2.) fast twisties

1. don't race them but I'll go with #2

2. See above

3. Love sweepers as long as I'm not riding hard - then I hate them (does that make any sense? I'll ride hard through tight stuff, but sweepers freek me out - must be because of a couple of wrecks I've had)

4. If by cynic you meant SCENIC - (not trying to cynical... just can't help it) - those are good too as long as they aren't too slow

5. I typically ride all day - may or may not stop for lunch.

6. If a big group I would prefer to break into smaller, more appropriate groups. keeps someone from killng themselves - though frankly - I rarely ride with groups. More of a "I'll meet you there" person. Used to ride with some GWRRA folks and never could stay with them more than 1 or 2 hours. Had to leave 'em at the first Dairy Queen stop.

so - I'm in San Diego - right off of Scripps Poway Pkwy and will ride to eat - ride for fun - ride for scenery - ride for the heck of it - or just...... ride.

1.) racing twisties

2.) fast twisties

Santa Fe you've got email (again). :assassin:
I'm a moderate/fast twisties kinda guy. If I feel the group is more advanced than I am then I'll gladly take up the rear of the pack without damage to my ego. ;)

I also like the other types of riding to go to restaurants, view scenery, etc. My all-day rides have been limited lately as I haven't had much free time to do anything more than 3 or 4 hour rides here and there.

1.) racing twisties

2.) fast twisties

I'm a moderate/fast twisties kinda guy. If I feel the group is more advanced than I am then I'll gladly take up the rear of the pack without damage to my ego. ;)

I also like the other types of riding to go to restaurants, view scenery, etc. My all-day rides have been limited lately as I haven't had much free time to do anything more than 3 or 4 hour rides here and there.

Yeah, whats up with that Mike? J/K

So whats the verdict for this weekend? Where are you guys going?

1.) racing twisties

2.) fast twisties

Yeah, whats up with that Mike? J/K

So whats the verdict for this weekend? Where are you guys going?

I'm thinkin' a brisk ride through some enjoyable twisties. Nothin' too crazy, simply fun in the curves. This is a ride I did last year to raving reviews! Well... Maybe not raving... Well... No one yelled at me to loudly.

THIS IS NOT A NEW-BEE RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAGING: Hwy 15 at Valley Parkway in beautiful Escondido at the AM/PM gas station one block east: 9 AM Kickstands up

If anyone wants to stage in other areas, post here when and where.

Welcome man. I'll try to look for local rides as well, basically anything in SoCal as I'm in El Cajon. I might ride up to Idyllwild for breakfast this weekend or the next, the entire trip is usually great.