San Diego County Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are riders that misuse the roads on Palomar. I hope it doesn't come down to an enforced speed limit of 25, or something like that. There was also an oil line all the way across the road on the south grade, 4th of July weekend. A little sanity goes a long way..

All the best,

Mike

Yeh, Buddy! You should'a seen all the fighting and racing taking place @ WFO-4. Every time ya gets them low-life, scum-sucking, bottom-feeding biker dudes and due-ettes together yore shore lookin' fer trubble! Yessiree-Bob, don'tcha know!

It's a shame that a few (by percentage) riders make it baaad for all of us, but that's the way it works. I hope they catch and fine the more squidly and make the mountain roads better for all of us.

CHP officers to target speeding motorcycles on Palomar Mountain
Just thought I'd share the following article I received from a friend of mine:

https://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/2...9-7m11race.html

Sorry if I posted it in the wrong spot.
Whew! Thanks for the warning. I was just thinking about taking a cruise up there either this weekend or next. Not that I was planning to do a lot of "hanging off" the bike but I might have been tempted to go a "couple" of mph over the speed limit...

Looks like I'll be avoiding that part of town for a while.

Just keep the bags on the bike. It adds an aura of respectability........It sure is fun on the FJR, up on Palomar. Bags, topcase, passenger, running away from a few, going uphill........for a bagger the feejer is quite a ride (as we all know) :D

all the best,

Mike

I agree, south grade road up Palomar is a great road. Wifey and I go up to Mother's for breakfast on occasion. Too bad about "ricky road racer" and now the CHP crackdown. I've seen some wild stuff on that road ...

Shiny side up

FlyinW

I've seen some wild stuff on that road ...
And some really stupid stuff from both the squids and the people who live up there. Oil and/or radiator coolant in the corners, too much testosterone from all involved. Few things will get your attention as quickly as a slick substance in a corner when your just cruising up the hill as I have done a few times on my wing. I'm truly surprised there hasn't been multiple death notices involving bikers on that South Road resulting from the actions of both bikers and residents.

It can be a squidfest up there. I don't think that Palomar is secluded enough to ride at more than 80%. There are a few roads in Northern CA that are remote enough to ride over that mark. What we really need is a good track in San Diego.