San Diego Floor Models?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TahoeBound

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen any dealerships in San Diego that have '06 floor models?

Fun Bike Center had two recently, but it appears both sold within a day or two of receiving.

I was in funbike less than a week ago picking up a part and their $18,000 "chickey special" was still sitting there.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=7020

I asked the a salesman for a price on it out of curiosity, he looked at it, mumbled to himself about it being the non-abs model and came back with a price of "around" $14,900 but he couldn't locate the sales manager so it "might be a little off"

I did not see one while at Moto World, El Cajon, but it's been 2 weeks since I was there.

https://www.funbike.com

(858) 278-6635

I didn't see any replies here & needed to kill some time...

I called them up and it is still sitting on their floor (as of 5/3/06 1:50 pm PDT).

$13,400 + 1599 setup +tax, +DMV, etc...

Roughly $16,500 OTD

Salesman's name was Seth

Interesting thing was he sort-of offered a test drive.

As long as "most of" the paperwork was done first.

I was under the impression almost no dealers offered a test drive on a brand new FJR.

FJR currently has 0 miles on it, according to Seth.

There for the taking if you really have to have an 06. :clapping:

glad to see than no one else has bought it, either.

Motoworld had one - not sure if it was sold or not. Was still sitting there when I picked mine up. They said they were getting a couple more.

FBC said they were getting between 8 and 15 (answer changed every time I asked) - but I really can't recommend them. Hell -- $1600 set up ought to tell you something - they also tried to charge me 400 in freight.

Unbelievable price! I guess that's how they pay for that nice new building :blink:

Many years ago I worked as an F&I guy at a dealership - freight & setup are pretty much bogus charges tacked on to make more money. There is some negligible cost here but pretty much pure profit. If memory serves correctly, Japanese bikes have freight built into dealer cost & the guy/girl setting it up is a lower on the pay scale laborer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbelievable price! I guess that's how they pay for that nice new building :blink:
Many years ago I worked as an F&I guy at a dealership - freight & setup are pretty much bogus charges tacked on to make more money. There is some negligible cost here but pretty much pure profit. If memory serves correctly, Japanese bikes have freight built into dealer cost & the guy/girl setting it up is a lower on the pay scale laborer.
Bought mine at Champion YAMAHA in Costa Mesa. Great dealer and had 2 New FJRs on The Floor. Ask for Todd and tell him Sam referred You!