Sargent Seat for 06 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadGlide

Reaction score
Sargent Seats has been creating a new seat for the 06 FJR. They had to start from scratch due to the 06 model being so different from the previous FJRs. I'll be riding a prototype at the EOM. It's based on my seat pan so it won't have the goodies (storage spaces) built in to the underside of the seat pan. I should get my bike back next week from them and return it to them after the EOM ride for adjustments and "tinkering". The completed seat should be ready around Dec/Jan. Any and all comments on the seat at the EOM will be greatly appreciated. Oh, I don't work for Sargent or have any relationship with them at all. I simply let them borrow my bike for the design work.

I was told in an email from them recently that it was to be ready the end of February. They are supposed to have it on a bike for demo rides at their Open House during Daytona Bike Week March 5-9. Wish I was close enough to make it down there, but won't. Maybe someone from here could make it and give a report?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will definately search them out and post up. It would be nice to have a quality ride in seat maker on the east coast.

Wades prototype felt good for an initial sit on, but still had minor issues.

i too have had conversations with Sargent & put my name in for the Pre-registation. I'm really looking forward to the new seat's

intro. Hope its as good as past products-I'm sure it will be.Sliick2 :yahoo:

I got the very first seat Sargent made for the FJR. Been using it for around 16,000 miles. Looks brand new and, if anything, has gotten even more comfortable as the miles pile up. They make a superior product and Rudy and the gang are really great people to deal with. They are bikers themselves and they speak our language.

Got any pictures of it? Any type of review? Lower, wider, etc?

From the Sargent website....

pfu_yamfjr.jpg

I'm interested to see how much better it is than stock, but suspect the Russell may offer better all day comfort due to the broader area of support provide by their spring-loaded wings.

My bike's an 05....I assume Sargent's design goal with the seat for later models will be the same.

Sargent's seat provides many beneficial adjustments, in my opinion. Both the driver and pillion get a much larger seating area ( my wife REALLY appreciated that ). The tendency for the stock seat to push you forward was eliminated in this design by leveling out the cushioning...both fore and aft. The seat height remained about the same as stock. I sat on about every custom seat made in the market place and, while that is certainly no litmus test, I found the comfort level of the Sargent to be equal to any other and better than most. It must be said, however, that judging seat comfort is surely one of the most subjective considerations there is.

The quality of the Sargent product is outstanding. They stand behind their seats with a strong commitment to making their customers happy. They can also do any kind of custom work you can imagine.

I've been very happy with my seat .

+1 on Sargent
2006219.jpg

I could not wait for the new seat,so I sent them my stocker for a dish,widen ,narrow ,lower slightly .front, and the same on rear plus raise the front up to level rear seat out . After all that, they are putting heat front and rear (says it's the 1st fjr stock pan they've done. ) for the low,low price of approx 700.00 . They thought they were going to shock me when they gave me the estimate, and I just chuckled and told them I was considering a Corbin at 1st ,and that was going to be the better part of a 900 dollar bill. Bring it on. I need a seat for the Daytona ride. Great people RUDY and Bill ETC .always ready to talk to you about your seat.This is not a pic of my seat. when it shows I will TRY to post pics the right way .

From the Sargent website....

pfu_yamfjr.jpg

Hey, that's my bike! I'll be taking the bike over on Monday 2/19 for the final fit on the front seat portion. The seat is wider and provides much more support. The back seat/back rest portion still has some design work to be completed, but it's coming along. I've had the prototype seat on for 8000 miles and love it. I talked to Mark Todd (president of Cycle Division) and he says it should be ready in a couple of weeks. My bike may be on loan to them for open house if we can agree on a few security issues.

There you are. Let us know where the open house is (I'me assuming bike week) so I can check it out. PM if youre in Daytona, BBQ at my house.

I talked with Mark today and they will be having the Open House at their factory in Jacksonville during Bike Week. Very easy location to find.... 2 minutes off I-95. Let me know if you come up and we'll have the local riders meet for lunch or something.