Sargent Seat for 06 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked with Mark today and they will be having the Open House at their factory in Jacksonville during Bike Week. Very easy location to find.... 2 minutes off I-95. Let me know if you come up and we'll have the local riders meet for lunch or something.
Email me if something comes together. I would join in.

I put a Sargent on my 06 Triple. Big difference over stock. Let my 62 year old butt do 500 miles on the slab coming back from last years EOM.

This is my Sargent seat that they redone with my stock pans .It will get the 1100 mile test next wed. on the way to Daytona

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Nice!
Also, may I recommend some sliders?

-BD

Someday .I haven't dropped my last 3 rides, But I will buy when I get back from Daytona ,and I get off the layoff list at work.

Also this seat has heat ,front and rear, this whole seat was done for around 700.00 that 's 200.oo cheaper than the Corbin with heat

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Bike Week is not over yet, but thought I would bump this up to the top and see if anyone made it to Sargent's test ride for their new seat. Anyone? Care to share your thoughts? Did they give any hints on cost? Anything....anyone....we want to know!

I know Bike Week is not over yet, but thought I would bump this up to the top and see if anyone made it to Sargent's test ride for their new seat. Anyone? Care to share your thoughts? Did they give any hints on cost? Anything....anyone....we want to know!
+1

Come on Sargent, let's get with it already. You had time to develop and deploy a seat for the new K1200GT in between announcing the '06 FJR seat and actually producing one? What gives!?!

I'm about ready to buy a Sergeant seat but wanted to ask anyone who has had one for a while if they are as pleased with the seat as when they first bought. I've got some long rides planned and I can only go about 250 on the stock seat before it gets uncomfortable and I need to take a break. Also, does the Sergeant allow some aggressive sport-bike style riding? I love getting low in the curves and I need a seat that doesn't have a pocket to sit in but allows me to shift my weight when cornering.

I'm about ready to buy a Sergeant seat but wanted to ask anyone who has had one for a while if they are as pleased with the seat as when they first bought. I've got some long rides planned and I can only go about 250 on the stock seat before it gets uncomfortable and I need to take a break. Also, does the Sergeant allow some aggressive sport-bike style riding? I love getting low in the curves and I need a seat that doesn't have a pocket to sit in but allows me to shift my weight when cornering.
After several thousand miles on mine, I still liked it and thought it was a huge improvement over the stock. I rode my SS Iron Butt run with it so that should tell you something. However, I did sell it recently when I got my Russell as part of the group buy. I hope I don't regret it, and don't think I will. I've not heard anyone say a bad thing about their Russell.

As for sport bike riding, I'm not that type of rider, but I don't think you would have any trouble getting low in the curves with the seat. It's a great product, I have nothing bad to say about the Sargent seat.

I've put around 8K on mine since this thread was started, including a SS1K, and still love this seat.

It does have a seat pocket with small wings for thigh support. I consider it a good compromise from the plusher Russels I sat on at EOM. It allows you to move around in the twisties which the larger wings of the Russell discourages.

I found I could ride the back roads all day wjth no discomfort, but the interstate required different foot positions and standing up occasionally to get rid of the numbutt. Overall, it's a keeper.