Sargent Seat Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lionswings

Reaction score
Could someone that has a Sargent seat do me a big favor and measure from the center of the front of the seat to beginning lip of the butt pad? I have a Corbin that sits back too far for me and don't want to spend more money if the Sargent is the same. Thanks so much, LW

Could someone that has a Sargent seat do me a big favor and measure from the center of the front of the seat to beginning lip of the butt pad? I have a Corbin that sits back too far for me and don't want to spend more money if the Sargent is the same. Thanks so much, LW
I would be happy to but I'm stuck in my office for the next couple of hours. I will say that I am having a little bit of an issue myself. In the high position, the seat is a little far back and I get some pressure on the inside of my legs from the edge of the seat. And I have a hard time getting both feet on the ground, but that's not a major concern for me. In the low slot, I hit the passenger seat with my butt and my knees are bent to much for comfort.

I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam.

My Sargent measures 12.2" (in a straight line, not following the curvature of the seat) from the front edge to the back edge. There isn't really a "butt pad" built into the front seat. The rear seat serves that function. FYI, the Sargent is 14" wide at the widest place. Hope that helps.

pete

My Sargent measures 12.2" (in a straight line, not following the curvature of the seat) from the front edge to the back edge. There isn't really a "butt pad" built into the front seat. The rear seat serves that function. FYI, the Sargent is 14" wide at the widest place. Hope that helps.
pete
The sargent seat for our gen II bikes is different from the gen I, which I think is what the poster is looking for...

Thanks for the replies! Yes, I have a Gen 1. Are the seats that much different?

Also, I meant butt "pan" not pad. My Corbin seat measures 14" if it is 12 or so that would be great!