Sat April 26th Annual Bike Blessing-Barrington, IL

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheeldeal72

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I'm a new owner of an '08 black FJR and thus new to this board, so I don't know many of you yet, but I want to extend an invitation to the High Road Riders 5th Annual Bike Blessing on Saturday, April 26, 2008.

Details are as follows:

What: Willow Creek Community Church Annual Bike Blessing, sponsored by the High Road Riders

Who: Everyone, open to all makes and models. FJR's unoffically encouraged by me :) . I also own a Kaw ZRX1100 so I like to see those there as well.

When: Saturday April 26, 2008 @ 9 AM

Where: Willow Creek Community Church Parking lot A. Ride leaves from there and ends at Woodstock Harley Davidson

Willow Creek Church is located on the SE corner of Algonquin and Barrington Roads in South Barrington, IL 60010.

More fun facts and answers to common questions:

Yes, food will be plentiful We will be having free coffee and donuts available at the start of the ride.

Woodstock Harley is providing free drinks, and food (hotdogs, brats, burgers, chips etc) and door prizes along with music.

Last year we had about 270 bikers show up for this event. Depending on weather we could see even more this year.

Remember to show up with a full tank of gas. Although ride is only about 50 miles, so that shouldn't be problem for any of us right!

Edit 4/21 - I pre-rode the route this weekend and should be great. Ride is actually only 36 miles from Barrington. We will have local police helping out by blocking intersection leaving Willow Creek Church as well as through downtown Huntley on the way there.

So, come on out. It will be a great time. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. You can also get more info by visiting www.willowcreek.org/motorcycle and clicking on the April newsletter.

I hope to see some other FJRs out there so I can start making final decisions on my mods. :yahoo:

This group does many rides throughout the season and I will continue to post them here. All rides are always open to all riders and do not require you to be a member of the church or of the high road riders.

Thanks,

Ken

(aka Wheeldeal72)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'M IN, wheeldeal :yahoo:

Free food, riding, a whole bunch' o bikes, a new forum brother and a free blessing to boot. What's not to like about THAT idea?! ;)

Thanks for the invite. Can't wait to see your new bike. And, uhm, can you reserve a big spot in that parking lot for FJR parking only? :glare:

Sheesh. My own church is having an event and I can't attend that day. :glare:

Wheeldeal, glad you joined ...welcome. Hope you and the rest have a great time!

Ken, appreciate the invite. If my big arrives in time I will certainly attend. (4/13/08 purchase) Looks like we're both Wheaton locals! I'll try to keep the music down!

Dave

so far , I can make it. glad it wasn't either weekend before/after.

P.S. you'll be ending up in my neck of woods ,by woodstock.

P.S. anyone coming, you gotta take a ride around woodstock square , it was the filming location for ground hog day (with bill murrey).You'll see the opera house where he jumped out of bell tower & the resturaunt where they spilt stuff.

I'm no movie fanatic, but the old area has a nice feel/ look, cobblestone / brick road.

It's around 5 minutes away from the harley shop.

Well shoot...sort of. I like the ride to IL, but my sister is coming in from OR that weekend-otherwise I would be in.

I have never attended one of these things, probably because, oh heck I have no idea. I do not have to convert, do I :D AS long as I have nothing going on that day I would like to meet up with you guys and have a nice ride.

BTW. Ken, I think I have missed your welcome wagon. SO, welcome :)

I have never attended one of these things, probably because, oh heck I have no idea. I do not have to convert, do I :D AS long as I have nothing going on that day I would like to meet up with you guys and have a nice ride.
BTW. Ken, I think I have missed your welcome wagon. SO, welcome :)

Hey thanks for the welcome. As far as converting, all faiths are welcome, whether you believe in Harley or Honda, Kawi, or Yammie :p . We even let the Beemers and Ducs ride with us :p . Ha! All joking aside, it is a good time and not a bad idea to get you and your bike blessed at the start of the year, right? Hope you can make it out there.

Wheeldeal72

Welcome aboard Ken! I'm new to the group myself, and haven't been able to meet anyone yet either.

As for Willow, I attend there as well... I ride an '06 silver FJR. Hope to meet ya' sometime.

I'll be leading a Welcome Home ride in Joliet with the Patriot Guard that day, so I won't be able to attend. Kind of a bummer... you'll be riding through my neck of the woods, too.

You all have fun! The Bike Blessing turned up 300 bikes last year!

-Jonathan

Sorry guys,

The bossman says I wave to work. I will just have to make some gas money rather than spend it. (I will need it for NAFO)

Larry, got your PM. Sent one back.

Bill

Those that are coming out tomorrow and would like to meet before that. I will be at Starbucks at the Streets of Woodfield mall at or before 8:30. It is located just west of 53 and directly north of Higgins Rd. See you there. And we can ride out together to that place.

Those that are coming out tomorrow and would like to meet before that. I will be at Starbucks at the Streets of Woodfield mall at or before 8:30. It is located just west of 53 and directly north of Higgins Rd. See you there. And we can ride out together to that place.

I'll be there @ about 8:20

Thank you Ken for the invite. It was pleasure meeting you there. Larry, always nice seeing you.

Where are the rest of the riders? Come on out people. Wind is not that bad :)

Thanks again to Ken for the invite. It was great to meet you. Nice crowd this morning. Unfortunately, I had to head home before the ride to meet a crew of landscapers....who never showed up :angry:

The Chicagoland FJR crowd was terribly underrepresented.....wheeldeal, cougar and myself :blink:

I know that wheaton and griff were heading to Ohio for the Ramble, but that still leaves about 25 guys that were MIA. Hopefully we'll see a better turnout next month. No firm plans yet; I had to postpone the Lake Michigan Loop. Any suggestions????

I think a Sunday morning gathering might help turnout...for me anyway.