Sat on a 2014 FJRA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfpasquin

Reaction score
photo1_zps241335b7.jpg

OMG! I finally got to sit on a '14 FJR. (It was buried in the back garage of the dealership since it just came in--but being the loyal customer that I am I was allowed to see it.) The red paint was REALLY eye catching and I loved the new dash lay-out. My plans are to pull the trigger on an ES ASAP.

NICE I'm really getting the "itch" to get my 2014. Of course, with all the ice, snow and salt on the roads I wouldn't be able to ride it.

Tom

Just as an FYI, it's awfully clear that the genIII is a close relative of the genII. More conveniences, more modern instrumentation, smoother throttle, but the bike feels quite similar to my old 2009. I LOVE the heated grips and cruise and throttle. ... and the red. Paid 13990 out the door for it plus tax.

Two weeks ago, I checked out a '14. Last week I ordered one. Very long wait 'til April but gives me time to sell my creampuff '10 in the classifieds. Hint, hint........

Richmond Yamaha has their A out front, in the window. And I have sat on it... Nice!
You own a '14 ES don't you?
I've ordered one. Waiting on delivery (just got word that it's arrived in Cullman, AL). but I'm happy to give my local dealer some biz--certainly do some service through them, and buy what tchotkes they have that I want (need?). But I'd ridden by there a few weeks ago and noticed they'd received an A...and displayed it prominently.

Richmond Yamaha has their A out front, in the window. And I have sat on it... Nice!
I've ordered one. Waiting on delivery (just got word that it's arrived in Cullman, AL). but I'm happy to give my local dealer some biz--certainly do some service through them, and buy what tchotkes they have that I want (need?). But I'd ridden by there a few weeks ago and noticed they'd received an A...and displayed it prominently.
Guess since you ordered one I'd better order one too--I'm about 75% decided thanks to my stationary ride (LoL). We're only about an hour away from each other so we could hook up and ride.

Guess since you ordered one I'd better order one too--I'm about 75% decided thanks to my stationary ride (LoL). We're only about an hour away from each other so we could hook up and ride.
Absolutely should!

Wait till you get to ride it....Wow!

I bought my 2014 A around Thanksgiving and only have about 100 miles or so on it.

I have farkelled it out quite a bit during the down period of cold weather and rain.

However, the few miles I've put on it have put a lot of smiles on my face.

Everytime I ride it, I just like it more and more.

I almost bought a BMW 1200RT, but just too much $$$$.

Then, I happen to stumble onto the YouTube shootout of the 2013 Sport Tourers.

The FJR was the clear winner. I went by 5 dealers before I found one and when I saw that red, it was over. Deal completed.

I'm 63 and have been riding since a kid. I've gone thru many a motorcycle over those years, but this new FJR is right at the top of the heap as far as I'm concerned. It's a great bike.

Wait till you get to ride it....Wow!I bought my 2014 A around Thanksgiving and only have about 100 miles or so on it.

I have farkelled it out quite a bit during the down period of cold weather and rain.

The FJR was the clear winner. I went by 5 dealers before I found one and when I saw that red, it was over. Deal completed.

I'm 63 and have been riding since a kid. I've gone thru many a motorcycle over those years, but this new FJR is right at the top of the heap as far as I'm concerned. It's a great bike.
So...you like it then?
winksmiley02.gif

Wait till you get to ride it....Wow!I bought my 2014 A around Thanksgiving and only have about 100 miles or so on it.

10-4, exactly my position as well. I'm 64 and coming off a very highly modified Kawasaki C10 Concours (with a ZRX1200R engine and front forks) and the new 2014 A Model is the beez neez (picked it up on 11-15). I have close to 1700 miles on it already and it is more than I had hoped or wished for. What a bike!

Dan