Satellite Radio for GPS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think anyone mentioned that if you already have one XM acct, you can add a second radio for $6.95/month.

I started out with a Roady2 in my car, then bought a 2nd Roady cheap just to get the accessories to put on the FJR. The whole radio kit is cheaper than buying the antenna alone. I got a Hoon Roadyholder mount for the top of the clutch cyl cover. Now I just slide the radio out of one mount and into the other in a few seconds. One radio for 2 vehicles.

I got out the dremel and smoothed off the sharp edges on the roady backer and the radio slides out to the side easily.

The Roady2 is way old at this point, not sure what mounts are available for the newer models.

If you call XM when your "contract" is up, you can tell them you like the service but only use it on your bike for a few months each year and can't justify the full price. They will offer you decent discounts for a long term contract. Keep pushing and they will eventually offer you a "one time only" offer of $77 for one year. I'm on my second $77 year.

I don't think anyone mentioned that if you already have one XM acct, you can add a second radio for $6.95/month.

I started out with a Roady2 in my car, then bought a 2nd Roady cheap just to get the accessories to put on the FJR. The whole radio kit is cheaper than buying the antenna alone. I got a Hoon Roadyholder mount for the top of the clutch cyl cover. Now I just slide the radio out of one mount and into the other in a few seconds. One radio for 2 vehicles.

I got out the dremel and smoothed off the sharp edges on the roady backer and the radio slides out to the side easily.

The Roady2 is way old at this point, not sure what mounts are available for the newer models.

If you call XM when your "contract" is up, you can tell them you like the service but only use it on your bike for a few months each year and can't justify the full price. They will offer you decent discounts for a long term contract. Keep pushing and they will eventually offer you a "one time only" offer of $77 for one year. I'm on my second $77 year.

[/quot

I too found a refurbished 2730 for approximately $175.00 that came with the XM antenna, a heck of a deal. I mounted the GPS unit on the brake reservoir and the XM antenna on the clutch reservoir. Used velcro for the antenna and zip ties for the GPS, Love it.

with the lineup change, was one bought out by the other? i ask, as i have sirus in my car, but i have the zumo, which obviously is an xm receiver product. does anyone know if the subscriptions are interchangeable?