Saturday, May 21st - Breakfast at Alice's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't THE Alice's Restaurant from the song, is it? :unsure:

Hope to make it, but it is too far away to commit right now...
Hope to see you there James :clapping:

...but in something other than your hospital gown...pleeze. :D

...and 9AM is so freakin' early! Yeesh! :blink:
Ermey.jpg

Tissue?

Heck yah. Add me in. I've never been to Alice's Restaurant. And it's been forever since I've heard the song!! :D
Friggin Arlo is greedy. You have to buy the whole album to get the song.

Bastard.
This isn't THE Alice's Restaurant from the song, is it? :unsure:

Hope to make it, but it is too far away to commit right now, and 9AM is so freakin' early! Yeesh! :blink:
Alice's Restaurant wasn't named Alice's Restaurant. In Great Barrington, MA a former church was named the Back Room Rest. By the time Alice arrived it was not really a restaurant and no longer had a name. When Arlo wrote his song(?) it was Alice's because she owned the place with her husband and they served Thanksgiving dinners. There wasn't an Alice's restaurant until after the song.

Your Alice's Restaurant is actually named that and it is ~3,000 miles from the song's restaurant, officer Obie, 27 8×10 color glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and the draft board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having been a slacker and lurker on this forum for some time now, I guess this is as good a time as any to verify if all these folks who's postings I've been reading really exist. So I'll be poppin' into Alice's that morning to see if this crowd is as quirky as they appear online. I think "quirky" is a euphemism used in this context, but I'm afraid of calling anything a euphemism, since someone might confuse it with a political movement, and I'll get my tires deflated.

Anyhow, I'm lookin' forward to meeting y'all... I think. Heck, since I've never meet any of you before, at least I know I don't owe anyone money.

Chris

Having been a slacker and lurker on this forum for some time now, I guess this is as good a time as any to verify if all these folks who's postings I've been reading really exist. So I'll be poppin' into Alice's that morning to see if this crowd is as quirky as they appear online. I think "quirky" is a euphemism used in this context, but I'm afraid of calling anything a euphemism, since someone might confuse it with a political movement, and I'll get my tires deflated.

Anyhow, I'm lookin' forward to meeting y'all... I think. Heck, since I've never meet any of you before, at least I know I don't owe anyone money.

Chris
This will be as good an opportunity as any, Chris. I'll add your name to the list! B)

The PNW crew (George, Kevin, me and Niehart) will be there.
Wow! This thing has now become a COMPLETE cluster feck! :p

So, the pie thing worked, huh? Glad to see you four have chosen California as the launching point for wherever you're going at the end of the world. (May 21 is the day of the rapture and end of the world -- pre or post breakfast TBD.)

I just spoke with Simple Simon and can confirm that he will be in Santa Clara for Friday evening.

R

How is Saturday morning traffic through the East and South Bay? I was hoping to leave around 5:30AM from Folsom, would that be enough time to run through Black Road to Skyline from 17 to Alice's for an on-time arrival for Breakfast?

How is Saturday morning traffic through the East and South Bay? I was hoping to leave around 5:30AM from Folsom, would that be enough time to run through Black Road to Skyline from 17 to Alice's for an on-time arrival for Breakfast?
Typically non-existent but sometimes crappy. Mostly non-existent. Around V-town there is a Caltrans message board that gives transit times to different points, they are usually pretty accurate (they work off of in-road speed monitors).

This sounds like good times. Wish I could do it.
sad.gif