Save 4 Dollars Off Motorcycle Show Tickets!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2006FJR

Administrator of Transportation
Reaction score
Well it is that time of year again. It is the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show. If you buy the tickets in October and use the code ENEWS10 then you will save $4 per ticket. I just picked up 4 tickets for the Long Beach Show for $36, and $9 each is much better than the $13 you will pay at the door.

By the way, I did not see BMW this year but I did see that Ducati was doing Demo rides. If I need to shoe-horn my big body onto one of those bikes I will find a way to make it work. I cut and pasted the dates and locations below. Hope to see you guys at the Long Beach Show. :clapping:

Phoenix, AZ

Oct. 31 - Nov. 2, 2008

Dallas, TX

Nov. 14-16, 2008

Houston, TX

Nov. 21-23, 2008

Long Beach, CA

Dec. 5-7, 2008

Seattle, WA

Dec. 12-14, 2008

San Mateo, CA

Dec. 19-21, 2008

Novi, MI

Jan. 2-4, 2009

Washington, DC

Jan. 9-11, 2009

New York, NY

Jan. 16-18, 2009

Cleveland, OH

Jan. 30 - Feb. 1, 2009

Chicago, IL

Feb. 6-8, 2009

Yeah, demo rides in February should go smooth :angry: Why can't they have bike show in Chicago when we can actually ride to it.

Thank you for the info.

Thanks for the info. I always look forward to walking the show in the middle of the NE Ohio winter. :clapping:

You just never know in the Midwest. It could be perfect, too. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's usually really cold - down to the mid 70's at least - for the show in Long Beach each year...
Yes, except last year when it rained. I am hoping to get a good deal on some heated gear when it does go down into the 50s. :rolleyes:

Crap. They're back in Dallas this year. The Convention Center has done everything it can (with the help of the DPD) to discourage riders from attending. The last time in Dallas their reserved parking was down from 3 lots to 1/5 lot and they walked down the rows giving parking tickets to bikes parked in certain areas even though it wasn't signed NO PARKING (@ $50 each).

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't want to pre-order tickets, you can get $2 discount coupons from your local dealer clicky (this link is for the Long Beach, CA show) for the purchase of tickets at the door on the day of the event.

Crap. They're back in Dallas this year. The Convention Center has done everything it can (with the help of the DPD) to discourage riders from attending. The last time in Dallas their reserved parking was down from 3 lots to 1/5 lot and they walked down the rows giving parking tickets to bikes parked in certain areas even though it wasn't signed NO PARKING (@ $50 each).
The Wash DC Convention Center has no parking at all. I park at work and take the metro. Seems like a pale comparison to the Long Beach show.

Thanks for the link. Last year was my first time to attend after many years of saying "I'd like to check that out", and it was an AWESOME show. I told my Buddies about it and everyone wants to go to this one. This year for me its the weekend before X mas in San Mateo, CA. Which is about an hours drive. Last year i got there 45 min after they opened the doors and all the demo rides were booked for the day. This year Ill be waiting in line before they open up.

Hey, what's the deal? Why was Atlanta booted from the tour? Poor attendance? Anyone know?

Well it is that time of year again. It is the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show. If you buy the tickets in October and use the code ENEWS10 then you will save $4 per ticket. I just picked up 4 tickets for the Long Beach Show for $36, and $9 each is much better than the $13 you will pay at the door.
By the way, I did not see BMW this year but I did see that Ducati was doing Demo rides. If I need to shoe-horn my big body onto one of those bikes I will find a way to make it work. I cut and pasted the dates and locations below. Hope to see you guys at the Long Beach Show. :clapping:

Phoenix, AZ

Oct. 31 - Nov. 2, 2008

Dallas, TX

Nov. 14-16, 2008

Houston, TX

Nov. 21-23, 2008

Long Beach, CA

Dec. 5-7, 2008

Seattle, WA

Dec. 12-14, 2008

San Mateo, CA

Dec. 19-21, 2008

Novi, MI

Jan. 2-4, 2009

Washington, DC

Jan. 9-11, 2009

New York, NY

Jan. 16-18, 2009

Cleveland, OH

Jan. 30 - Feb. 1, 2009

Chicago, IL

Feb. 6-8, 2009

Like Bounce, I am quite ticked to see the show moved from the awesome FTW convention center (tons of parking!) over to the stupid Dallas convention center. Lame lame lame!

Doesn't show it on the list above but the show site lists Greenville, South Carolina......guess they took the Atlanta spot.
Just a guess but wasn't Atlanta hit pretty hard by the recession that is not being called a recession yet.

Doesn't show it on the list above but the show site lists Greenville, South Carolina......guess they took the Atlanta spot.
Just a guess but wasn't Atlanta hit pretty hard by the recession that is not being called a recession yet.
no. but it was hit pretty hard by the depression that's being called a recession.

An awful lot of manufacturers not present!!! Aprila, BMW, Moto Guzzi, Triumph, Ural. The reason I go is to see the bikes in person that are not in the local UJM, HD dealership.

RRG