Scala Q2 pairing with Garmin GPS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick update problem solved at least to my satisfaction...Jabra 210 bluetooth dongle plugged into the headset output of the Nuvi 780 Streetpilot 2730 through a 2.5 mm...and paired with scala rider q2...Jabra 210 $37...The...dongle connects each time with no intervention ie the pairing seems to be very good no repairing needed so far
DB
Thankyouverymuch!!!! That post just cost me $37 but solves the voice guidance issue once and for all. Price vs reward is a good ratio.

Dear Santa, I've been a very, very good boy this year....

Would the Jabra dongle let an RD talk (by Bluetooth) to the Scala too? Priority issues between the Zumo and the Passport?

Fast

In my very very limited knowledge, I would say it would not work. The current scala rider does not even allow you to connect an mp3 player and phone via bluetooth so I would think it would not have the prioritization to cope with both dongle and Zumo at once.

The only reason this little work around works is that I am only connecting one device to the scala rider.

Regards

DB

I don't know if this will help us out any but Scala are releasing a new headset, Longer range, Full Duplex and multiple connections, also has bluetooth connectivity listed for GPS's and MP3 players.
Not much information available yet, so if you are in the market for a headset it might be worth waiting on this. The spec's seem to be pretty good along with the price..

Scala Rider G4

DB
Many are wondering if this G4 is a hoax... you can't get one even if you want it. Cardo has no information.

My Scala Q2's work good with the Zumo 550, phone paired to Zumo, and Zumo bluetooth outputs mono only. I would be OK if the Q2 speakers were any good for music, but they aren't. Very lacking in bass. A friend of mine actually uses earbuds to a separate MP3 player, underneath his Scala speakers.

If I decide to "upgrade", I would now consider the Collett if I can convince my other riding partners to do the same (we all have Scalas).

Last edited by a moderator:
Dredging up an older thread...

Just a quick update problem solved at least to my satisfaction. :yahoo:
Here's a picture of the setup that works for my gps.Nuvi 780

PC020940.jpg

Jabra 210 bluetooth dongle plugged into the headset output of the Nuvi 780 through a 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm headphone adapter and paired with scala rider q2, mobile phone (iphone) paired with nuvi 780 through bluetooth.

Pros,

...The Jabra bluetooth dongle connects each time with no intervention ie the pairing seems to be very good no repairing needed so far...
I wrote to Scala and asked them about pairing the Jabra A210 to the Q2s and this is what they responded with (it is the same reply message sent from Scala to another FJR rider that made the same info request in this same thread)

========================

ionbeam writes to Scala:

Does the Scala Q2 teamset Bluetooth couple with a Jabra A210 Bluetooth dongle?
Scala replies:

Thank you for contacting the Cardo Systems Support Center.

We are sorry to inform you that the devices are not compatible.

To listen to music through a phone, MP3 player or GPS unit, both

Bluetooth devices must have the A2DP Bluetooth profile for stereo audio.

Currently none of the Scala-rider products support this profile.

Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you with any other

questions.

Best Regards,

Robert Wargo

Customer Service

www.cardosystems.com

1-800-488-0363

========================

DABRIT, can you help me with this? Did you plug your Nuvi into the Jabar A210 and then have the Q2 recognize the dongle and couple to the Jabra -- or did you couple the Jabra to your iPhone and then couple the phone to the Q2?

Very interested in the reply 'cause I've got a Garmin 2730 that I would very much like to Bluetooth to my Q2s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dredging up an older thread...

Just a quick update problem solved at least to my satisfaction. :yahoo:
Here's a picture of the setup that works for my gps.Nuvi 780

PC020940.jpg

Jabra 210 bluetooth dongle plugged into the headset output of the Nuvi 780 through a 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm headphone adapter and paired with scala rider q2, mobile phone (iphone) paired with nuvi 780 through bluetooth.

Pros,

...The Jabra bluetooth dongle connects each time with no intervention ie the pairing seems to be very good no repairing needed so far...
I wrote to Scala and asked them about pairing the Jabra A210 to the Q2s and this is what they responded with (it is the same reply message sent from Scala to another FJR rider that made the same info request in this same thread)

========================

ionbeam writes to Scala:

Does the Scala Q2 teamset Bluetooth couple with a Jabra A210 Bluetooth dongle?
Scala replies:

Thank you for contacting the Cardo Systems Support Center.

We are sorry to inform you that the devices are not compatible.

To listen to music through a phone, MP3 player or GPS unit, both

Bluetooth devices must have the A2DP Bluetooth profile for stereo audio.

Currently none of the Scala-rider products support this profile.

Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you with any other

questions.

Best Regards,

Robert Wargo

Customer Service

www.cardosystems.com

1-800-488-0363

========================

DABRIT, can you help me with this? Did you plug your Nuvi into the Jabar A210 and then have the Q2 recognize the dongle and couple to the Jabra -- or did you couple the Jabra to your iPhone and then couple the phone to the Q2?

Very interested in the reply 'cause I've got a Garmin 2730 that I would very much like to Bluetooth to my Q2s.
I paired my phone with the nuvi, then paired the Scala to the Jabra.

Then I use the MP3 function on the Nuvi to stream music to the Scala, I am not an expert on the effectiveness of this as I prefer the sound of 4 cylinders in perfect harmony a composition by Yamaha, played by FJR B) .

Being the Scala Q2 is a mono headset , the iphone and I would think other phones too, do not recognize the Scala as anything but a bluetooth phone headset hence the quote from Scala. Also they (Scala) have the Q4 coming out very soon which apparently all things to all men, A2DP (stereo bluetooth music streaming), longer range, multiple intercom connections, so all our problems will be solved, we shall see ...

DB

Thanks DB. Right now money matters so the Q4 will just be a distant dream. I'm off to send Jabra $38 that I don't have... :(