Scala Rider Q2 unit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you interested in Scala Rider Q2

• Yes, please beam me up Scotty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep the devil away from me

• Stop waking me up, go away

• Total voters
It would broaden the interest if you could get them to offer more than one of their products to the group buy...

Interested as well. Stereo would be nice, but frankly not a deal breaker as a bike at speed is not really a place you can enjoy high fidelity music anyway.

Where did you see the Nolan flip-up (N-102 I suppose) would accept this unit ?

Interested as well. Stereo would be nice, but frankly not a deal breaker as a bike at speed is not really a place you can enjoy high fidelity music anyway.Where did you see the Nolan flip-up (N-102 I suppose) would accept this unit ?
Not true..with ER6 earplug phones you would be amazed at the quality

I'm interested, but the collet looks promising and I'm still curious about the chatterbox xbi that's supposed to be out soon. I think it's a little too early for me to make a decision.

Interested as well. Stereo would be nice, but frankly not a deal breaker as a bike at speed is not really a place you can enjoy high fidelity music anyway.
Where did you see the Nolan flip-up (N-102 I suppose) would accept this unit ?
My bad, i confused the N-COM unit with the Q2. However, the shape of the cut-out looks pretty similar and i have seen it the Scala Rider attached in this manner to an N102.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psst.. Check https://www.collett.mb.ca/
Looks like their about to release the holy grail.

-Steve
Coming April 1st, and costs . . . . ????

But it IS stereo!

My wife and I have a Scala Rider Teamset, and it works, with a couple of caveats.

It has a noise cancelling system so that the person you're on the phone with gets no background noise. People can't believe it when I answer them and I say I'm on the bike, whaddya need, can't chat. Noice cancel works in intercom, too, but adds static. I can tell because the more wind noise I have in the helmet, the more static I hear on the system when the intercom is on.

VOX is a joke with my system. Haven't seen another to compare it to, but the only time I've ever been able to trigger it by VOX is accidently. A cough or sneeze, and it beeps. I yell at a stupid cager, it beeps. I try to talk to Jan, nothing. Try to answer the phone, nothing.

The rider can't start an intercom system with a button, only the passenger, but if she does start it, it stays on seemingly forever. So we just click her button when we mount up, and we're good for quite a while.

That said, we still like the system. No wires, and practically infinite battery life. We've never killed the batteries riding. We found Jan's set dead one day, about 2 weeks after the last time she'd ridden. Charged fully in less than an hour!

I don't have a Bluetooth music player to try with it. It won't connect to my phone as anything but a phone headset, even though it's a Windows smartphone and has Media Player in it. I did successfully pair the Teamset with my laptop and played music with Windows Media Player, although that's a bit inconvenient for riding.

I'd be interested in the Q2, mostly for the bike-to-bike capability, if the VOX works better than my teamset. It'd be great to ride with my stepson or my brother and talk to each other, stuff like "need gas," or "you hungry, yet?"